What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?

I too like the merry letter, S. It’s also makes me think of an s curve when driving. and also because it’s the first letter of my first name unlike the choice Matt made with G.

For some reason, I have always applied gender value to letters. For example, A is female, B is male, C is female, D is male, I is female, etc. I know makes no sense at all, but that’s how my brain is wired. In my brain, I also assign a color, and those colors are also very “gender” specific with the “female” letters appearing red, and the “male” letters appearing blue. One of the only letters that confuses me is “J”, as I believe it to be female, but it appears as “blue” in my head. I believe that is because nearly every girl I dated in high school had a name that started with “J”, yet also my twin brother’s name also starts with “J”, as do both names of my handle.

Anyway, I’m not sure what any of this really means, because my favorite letter is “S”.

Makes perfect sense:
Ass, Balls, really bad female genetalia-related c-word, dick… etc

J is female because of va-J-J.

You’d be surprised the number of real world words that don’t make the cut in the scrabble dictionary. Others get in simply to help people play certain tiles. There are also weird exclusions of certain offensive words (like negro) while others are legal (like cunt).

Me, I like to play google rules scrabble. Any string of letters with more than 20 hits on google can be played!

I totally xmds ppwl sloober gragda.

Y

The lost vowel. I also judge letters by the satisfaction I obtain from writing them. Starting as a lowercase ‘u’, I love coming back down and looping around to form the curvy tail of the lowercase ‘y’.

I guess mine would be ‘S’

I like my letters curvy, like my women.

Why in the world would merry call you a “son of an H”? Though I suppose the better question is just the the hell is an H, anyway? It doesn’t help that the second Google result for “son of an H” is this thread…

If it’s the word I’m thinking of, doesn’t that start with W? (Kidding!)

But if I have to choose a favorite letter of the alphabet, I think I’ll go with D. I don’t know why; I just like it. Probably because I like plosives, especially when vocalizing along with a song. The opening notes of “25 or 6 to 4,” for instance, just don’t work as well with any other consonant.

Damn you for making me think thoughts I never thought before!

But I must have, subconsciously because I automatically thought

M

My reason being it’s in the middle (close anyway, we’d need an odd number of letters for there to be a middle). The older I get the more I find myself not wanting to be a radical rebel, I’m fine with being in the middle of the pack (got my memories though).

Maybe a little of 13 being an unlucky #… and me being a contrarion.

e because it is also a mathematical constant but it is irrational (yay). That and you can see Andrew Jackson’s election year repeated twice if you do out the long division, of which I am sure merryprankster could do easily.

It is tough for me to pick a favorite letter, but I’ve always thought Q is underused and underrated. I’m sure Matt would agree with me.

I think people who listened to the podcast can guess mine but…

Q!

R.

Because without R, you would fly Ed, White and Blue. And no one likes Ed.

Also Pirates.

I like the letters WTF

Щ = now we’re just being silly
ы = two letters combine into one!
ß = Let’s make German more complicated!

My favorite would be the letter G. It can be very versatile, as a guttural hard G or a soft j-ish sound. Plus, They Might Be Giants made a song aout it my boy likes.

Press the blue link for the video

C is for cookie. That’s good enough for me.

T! Because T has been the last letter of my online handle for 15 years. Also, “tea” is my favorite beverage, specifically Blue Tea – it has the bioflavinoids and antioxidants I crave.

Mmalloy has it right. My favorite episode of Star Trek was the one where Q showed up and complained that everyone was looking so blue, and he wanted to help them be merry. Prankster that he is, he turned Crewman Matt from the geology team into a carnivorous guyute from the Manghi Nebula. Picard had this epic flipout and eventually Q turned him back. They don’t rerun that episode very often, sadly.