What's Your Perception of the PlayStation 3?

I have. Never again. The freaks you meet are right out of Jerry Springer and/or
Revenge of the Nerds. If they’re chicks, they’ve also escaped rehab/mental care.

I answered ‘somewhat negative’, because the console is twice as expensive as
I want a console to be. Console games are $100+ where I live, so no fucking
way I pay full price for even them (discounted, they’re still no cheaper than new
PC games).

There were problems with backwards compatibility, but Sony proved they could
fix it with a simple firmware update. The price is the only really negative thing
I have to say about it. I’m neutral on the whole downloadable games thing
till they’ve had some time to build up a catalog. Comparing it to XBLA is unfair
at the moment.

Did the price of the PS3 go up in Canada? I thought it was $649 or something, but I see it’s $699 now. Maybe it was just a Futureshop/Bestbuy thing.

Yes it did, but in fairness to Sony someone screwed up the initial pricing to begin with. It’s now adjusted to cost the equivalent of what it costs in the US.

I think this threads are great. But I have a thing for polls, so go figure.
I voted very negative, for the record.

Dude, take a ritalin.

I’m guessing it’s the result of the increased weakness of the Canadian dollar since the PS3’s launch.

Probably, but no company before has ever actually changed the prices due to dollar differences, up OR down. So again, Sony screwing customers!

The noon/noon update is basically unchanged. On the day analysts are saying that Sony may see a 50% drop in profits, there’s an 80% unfavorability rating, at least on these boards.

Another trend has remained unchanged - more people enjoy voting against Sony than for the other consoles.

Nobody cares.

Nobody.

You have me there.

The problem is that “which console do you like best” is not the question Jake apparently wants to ask. “How do you view console X?” is a fundamentally different question, one that vBulletin doesn’t support consolidating into a single thread.

The problem is that his threads are bumping other threads with better dicussions off the main page.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25337080

I started 3 threads. The other 17 were started by others tongues firmly in cheek.

Jazar: That could mean that Sony sells the PS3s to Canadian retailers in USD only. Which is just a different kind of screwing.

Yea Jake, you got your data, no more bumping.

Or someone will bump you.

In Soviet Russia …

There simply has to be a “foot firmly in ass” joke lurking in here somewhere.

Yeah that is a problem…

We’d better get the “Who gives a shit” committee on it ASAP.

QT3: Only the strong survive.

I haven’t owned a console in 7 years, so SHIT-TO-THE-MUTHUFUCKING-BONERZ