When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Yeah, but will be tough to get at the start-- remember the 1080. Particularly if you don’t want a reference board.

I’m not planning on getting one right away. I guess it depends on if the crypto people go nuts again.

Yeah my 1080 is doing fine, I don’t game at 4k as much as I thought I would.

Anyways I will wait for a Gigabyte custom card to come out. :)

…and the 2080ti early next year I imagine!

Dumb name. Twenty Eighty has a whole extra syllable.

Yea they should reset their numbering system.

Never! I want GPU numbers to inflate like damage numbers in a long-running MMO (stat squishing is for nerds!).

Nothing would make my hardware forum epeen more girthy than running a water-cooled GTX 75492080Ti.

Another GTX 1080 deal. $439.

I certainly wouldn’t buy a 1080 right now.

Rumors say a 2080Ti is coming for $800-900 at launch. If it has real perf improvements in games it’ll be tempting. Stupid Prepar3D. 😬

I have a GTX1080 right now that I’m really happy with, but I’d really like to grab a HDR display in the future, and I believe the current DIsplayPort tech is limited in bandwidth and requires color compression. That’s one of the improvements in the 20-series that might get me to bite.

Yeah I have loved my gtx1080 for 2 years now and it plays just about anything great, but not at 4k great.

I want to see what Gigabyte offers for their rtx2080 and rtx2080ti. Heck if the price isn’t obscene I might go TI this time and really future proof myself for 2+ years.

I wonder if my old i7-7700k will be a bottleneck? D:

I would have no particular problem spending the money, even if it comes in at $799 for the 2080, but I really see no reason to upgrade from a 1080 at 1440p. I can play most 1440p games at >120 FPS, and nothing drops below 60fps. I guess I could get a 4k monitor, but I just don’t see any compelling reason to do that, 1440p at 27" is super sharp in moving content.

I do think it’ll be revolutionary at the lower end; assuming performance is what I expect, the 2050 should smoke 1080p and be great at 1440p, and the 2060 should damn near smoke 1440p, just like my last-gen 1080.

I’m curious to see what the 4k performance on them will be. I’d love to use the 4k monitor for everything instead of just work.

I expect Nvidia to market turing as the first truly 4k-capable generation. We’ll see in an hour.

I agree, I’m looking forward to the 2060 availability in October or November. I have fairly low standards compared to others, but I do have an Occulus Rift, so it seems like the perfect card for me.

Nvidia will stream the Gamescom presentation on their Twitch channel, in case anyone is interested in watching. Starts in about 40 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/NVIDIA

I wonder what level of super sampling you could use with the 20x0 for the Rift, and how much that would improve quality.

Over 140k watching on Twitch!

I am gonna make a prediction, $299 RTX 2080 TI! I can sense it.

giphy

Videocardz has some info saying zotac is pricing the 2080 ti at 1199, and the 2080 at 799.