When do the next generation GPUs drop?

My 3080 already heats up my small office room significantly if I play anything demanding for a few hours! I want my next card to run cooler and more energy efficiently.

(Note to self, time to learn to underclock / undervolt this card]

My current plan is to have the computer and the desktop/chair in different rooms, through a wall. The issue is that will limit my options: I can only do it putting the pc on the living room and the desktop on the bedroom, instead of an empty room I have.

But man, playing without the fan noise and the heat have to be awesome

Yeah. I wonder if streaming avoids some heat. Then the PC is effectively in a different room!

A quick test on Sniper Elite 5 had me at 60W at the desktop, about 100W streaming and maybe 150W from my local install. Not as big a difference as I expected, especially as the local version looks better and is in ultrawide. Might play more with that later.

@espressojim MSI Afterburner is your friend.

If I were rich, I would use a thunderbolt docking station + this:

(i would need a longer and even more expensive cable).

But I am not rich! :/

New Nvidia card releasing tomorrow. Anyone tempted?

Ugh. Do we really have to forever live with this “xxx times fewer” gobbledygook? These people are supposed to be writers
 catering to people who can’t conceptualize fractions insures that they never will.

My feeling is that they’re not catering, it’s that they themselves don’t understand fractions.

I’d agree with that. “Writer” is not a high paying job these days, and I’m sure publications or websites are happy to work with people of low qualifications as long as they can churn out readable articles for almost no money.

Streaming AC Origins (in Edge): 80W; (in XBox App) 100W
Firing up local AC Valhalla: 320W

Siwa <> Ravenholme but still :)

And MSFS: 80W streaming, 270W local.

Summer of streaming coming up!

What/who is Siwa? JoJo Siwa?

The native village of Bayek, the main protagonist of Assassin’s Creed Origins, from which he starts his adventure.

Looks like RDNA3 will have hardware matrix multiplication support, basically enabling AI upscaling like DLSS2. Also very useful outside of gaming for deep learning and so on.

Best buy seems to have had 3070 and 3070 ti FEs in stock for over 7 hours now. Nice to see.

I just saw this on Amazon and had to share

It’s a freaking mystery box/gacha system where you buy a box, for 50€, and who knows what gpu you will gain!

That’s certainly an innovative way to get rid of e-waste.

haha, good luck getting a warranty on any of those. However Zigddt is, they will surely vanish in a puff of smoke once ex-minig card inventory is exhausted.

Note in particular the lack of any way to check or enforce that they are actually sticking to their gatcha percentages.

Oh, totally. I guess (I hope) Amazon will detect this in a few days and will remove them.

YouTube creators have played that game to see what they got and they ended up with obviously used, hideously outdated GPUs, as expected. We’re talking Windows XP-era GPUs. How the fuck Amazon is letting this still go on is complete bullshit.

Keep in mind, this video is from March.