When do the next generation GPUs drop?

I mean, I usually wait 2-3 Gen between cards. 1060 to 3060 ti this time. I snagged one just as they became available.

The fact that there is no 400-500 option outside of team blue, (which is about the same level of power I have now) hasn’t done much to entice me.

I just got a 6700 (non-xt) to replace my failing 1060 6gb because I don’t push the envelope in games and I refuse to engage with the pricing insanity going on at the moment. I hope they choke on it.

So say we all. I’d planned on getting a new rig by now and passing along mine to my kid, but this market is utter bullshit.

Incoming 7800X3D claimed to rock bells. As they used to say on Voodooextreme.

At only 1080 though

Which is generally how they measure CPU performance to avoid GPU bottlenecking.

Horizon Zero Down is the No Down Payment, No Interest version of the game.

Only for very well qualified players, though.

HDR g-Sync vs Freesync Monitor oddities between Graphics Cards/vendors:

The worst thing about HDR are those insomniac nights (like now) where I forget to turn it off, wander into some bright area in-game (or god forbid, hit some pure white loading screen) and it causes my eyes physical pain.

“The investigation here centres on the Alienware 34 AW3423DWF. That’s the slightly cheaper version of Alienware’s 34-inch OLED gaming monitor which ditches Nvidia’s G-Sync tech for more generic adaptive refresh and AMD FreeSync.”

“Problem is, that option is only available to Nvidia GPU users. The reason why? According to Monitors Unboxed, it’s because AMD GPUs instead use AMD’s own tone mapping, which is a part of the FreeSync feature set.”

So… the problem is that this particular monitor implements FreeSync in a half-assed way? It seems they forgot to implement the tone mapping part.

Welp.

After five years attempting to make Intel into a competitor for Nvidia and AMD in the realm of discrete graphics for gamers and beyond — with limited success — Raja Koduri is leaving Intel to form his own generative AI startup.

Don’t know what the limited success barb is supposed to mean. Getting a semi reasonable GPU out doesn’t just happen. That’s why there aren’t many.

Welp indeed. I hope this doesn’t mean Intel packing it in right after they launched.

They were just starting to get promising.

“Three different sources” say the 4070 will launch at $599.

Well it’s an outrageous price, but certainly less offensive than the $750 being bandied about.

Reviews due on 4/12 I think I saw.

Need to see the final specs to know what kind of a deal it will be. It’s more than the price of a current-gen console though, just for the graphics card. I’m getting concerned that PC gaming as a whole will start shrinking due to these high prices.