When do you break it to a girl that you're a dork?

That sounds disturbingly familiar Leah (except for the bit about a date showing up late due to a raid).

Is he riding a horse?

Awesome.

That commercial made me switch my body wash. I don’t need to be using any “lady scented body wash”.

I love that Borderlands scenario! He bought God of War entirely without my help, which surprised me since I never thought it would have been his type of game, and I am thrilled. And he rescheduled some of his previous commitments to come to the last Leafs home game with me. Yes, Leafs. Sorry, Omniscia! Proximity helps but I love so many other teams as well. Now I just need to get him to play GoW while I am around.

So we replace Sledge with Kratos in the commercial. Someone get me in contact with the creators of God of War/Borderlands, I’ve got a new marketing push for them.

I married a nerd, and I’m not quite sure how we found out about our mutual dorkiness. She was a lapsed gamer, but at the time I wasn’t that deep into gaming either. Somehow we reinforced each others’ nerd capacity.

So when did I break it to her? Have you seen me? I think it would have been a good assumption walking in.

Troy

Also, I can’t believe I wasted my 6000th post in here. I hate you guys.

Troy

You guys don’t use your dorkiness to woo the object of your desire?

You’re doing it wrong.

My wife had an awesome respond to this thread.

“I already knew.”

So has the dorkiness been revealed yet?! I need some closure.

Aww, no problem, Jenn. I’m probably just bitter 'cos I’ve taken a lot of heat over the years from Leafs (and Habs) fans for liking the Senators.

But now that Viktor Stalberg’s playing for the Leafs, I don’t mind them as much. He was great, playing for the University of Vermont. And now his former UVM teammate, Brayden Irwin, is about to join him.

But this isn’t the hockey thread.

Wait, isn’t dork the other choice beyond nerd when you spec heavily down the geek tree? I always saw it as a somewhat negative word, anyway…

I still laugh every time I see this thread title and think about barrel roll sex.

While introducing him to MST3k (This Island Earth, of course) on his slim PS3 I had to preface it with a frothing rant on Sony’s new patch that removes linux compatibility from my launch unit that I refuse to install. He didn’t get any of it, and openly admitted such, but that was a pretty clear random example of where my mind is at with regards to tech and gaming. I never paid attention to that nerd superiority chart from back in the day but I know I’m on it. Progress! And he loved the movie.

Though he’s not a huge sports fan, he does cheer for the Senators. Going to the Leafs game and potentially cheering for them will be epic.

Oh yeah…the nerd is pretty well out of the bag at this point. She’s come around to thinking it’s “cute”.