Which actor will you watch even though the film sucks? Mine is Ryan Reynolds.

Agreed, love me some Liam Neesons.

Actually, I think this is really the right answer for me. I’ve seen some bad movies with Denzel in them, but I have never seen Denzel give a bad (or even just okay) performance.

Bruce Willis.

(This is the thread for wrong answers only, right?)

-Tom

Keanu Reeves!

Okay, maybe not, but Keanu Reeves always impressed me with his ability to pick good movies to be in.

Although, we all know he should have stopped at the Matrix.

Did you see Cosmic Sin , Tom?

A friend of mine and I used to rate Willis movies on how many beers we had to sneak into the theater and drink in order for the movie to become enjoyable. A few years ago, we gave up, because there’s a limit to how many beers you can sneak into a theater (about 8/ea.) and that wasn’t enough any more. :-(

Friends don’t ask friends if they’ve seen Cosmic Sin. At least not in public.

-Tom

Johnny Mnemonic is the MOO3 of movies.

That is dark, man.

Ouch.

Bill Nighy

Laura Linney

Helen Mirren

I once had a Jessica Lange crush

Changed the thread title. It was a bit confrontational.

Chalize Theron is the only one that immediately comes to mind.

I sort of still like Prometheus because she is in it!

In ‘47 Ronin’ he was playing, as usual, a block of wood, but he somehow managed to take a revered Japanese tale about collective sacrifice and make it all about himself, so well done. The movie should have been called ‘One Gai-Jin, and various amounts of Ronin’.

It used to be Bill Paxton for me…

There is no argument about his acting ability from me. But there are two things I know about Keanu Reeves movies.

1). He seems to work with people good enough to compensate for his acting ability.

2). He puts a lot of effort into his work, even if it doesn’t show up in his acting.

Thanks you @tomchick. I don’t words well. :)

I can’t blame his ego for the 47 Ronin movie. I don’t think he drove that as an ego for himself.

Ryan Reynolds would be one – I just saw that thing he did this summer and I still almost liked it. (something about girlfriends bodyguards etc whatevs)

Rosamund Pike is my go to for anything as of 2021. I even cut my hair like her’s recently … (oops that seems awkward). She’s the ultimate ice queen though I think there is a real actress in there somewhere…I am dying to see here do a role where she just crushes it. Though “I care a lot” was almost close… I make a point however I don’t think she’s crushed it yet.

Probably no one if the film is a verified stinker.