Whiskey Friday™

You are the KING of fail.

King of fail is right. I’m new around here and even I r00l your non-whiskey drinking demeanor. Or some such.

Off the the liquor store for yes, Canadian Club… but I may shop around a bit as this thread has got me thinking.

Whatever sort of whiskey I get + Shot glass = I’m good

On the other hand, I’ll probably be drinking overpriced arena beer that’s almost as bad tonight.

I mean, I’d rather have something good, but they don’t really sell that at Mellon Arena.

That was so fail that it fell out of the forum and into my taskbar.

Do you know how hard it is to get beer out of a taskbar?

(Sorry)

And to think I hired you. I may have to reconsider that. ;-)

Hey! I need a job, and I drink FANTASTIC beer! 'sup?

H.

I live in Utah. Right there with you.

I also vote Knob Creek or perhaps Jack Single Barrel.

/raises hand

We had the Red Ensign until 1965.

And I remember playing Combat Mission, at work, against my boss and the VP. Remember: King Tiger + mud = fail.

Good times.

/raises binoculars

Ja! I see heem!

:D

Yeah, but you’ll be watching the Pens, so you’ve at least got that going for you.

(Transplanted Pittsburgher here.)

Damn you.
This thread inspired me to look at what was at the back of the closet (it’s just a closet, not a bar or one with fancy windows) and when I took the picture, I thought: “Perhaps that table isn’t the best choice…”

I have that bottle sitting right next to me, even before I saw this thread :)

I’ve got a half-consumed fifth of Black Bush nearby as well – Bushmills is on of my standard drinkin’ whiskeys (start with the spendy stuff, then switch over to Bushmills or Famous Grouse. Note to whomever: if you haven’t tried Grouse, it’s one of the best-tasting blends I’ve ever had, for about $20)

There’s one other one that I really like, what’s it called again? I forget.

Whiskey Friday with Canadian Whiskey? There should be a law against that. Even in Canada.

In order to not break the bank, I opted for Crown Royal… which my Dad drank in his Navy days so there’s that. I’d like to have gotten a bottle of “better” stuff, but I figured it wasn’t worth the spousal indignation given the price of some of that stuff.

Whiskey Friday™ properly begins in just over an hour. Gentlemen, at your ready.

I try not to break the bank either, so I’ll usually spring for some Maker’s Mark. It’s the best you can get at the bar I frequent (not surprising considering the type of place it is) and I’ll definitely have a glass tonight. Room temperature, straight up please.

The only way to drink. Maybe just a drop of water to open it up. Although with Makers Mark there’s really not much to open up :)

Well i’m well into whisky saturday and i think it’s time to call it a night. I’m wreaking havoc on my COD4 stats playing in this condition. I just went 5-17 on creek.

Whisky Friday has officially commenced round these parts.

Trying it this time with a splash of club soda. In the case of this stuff, I think I prefer it neat. The soda was a good idea last time (I had Highland Park 15), but I think the Glenlivet is mild enough that it isn’t necessary.

On a side note, anyone know if it’s possible to find club soda in teeny-tiny bottles? I’ve got 10 oz bottles, which were the smallest I could find but still a bit much, even last time when I was pouring for three people. For this one, I seem to have used maybe an ounce of soda. 1 to 4 oz bottles would probably be about ideal, speaking as someone who doesn’t drink whisky all that often nor in great quantity when I do.

Single malt with a splash of club soda?

shudder

Okay, /snob now

;-)

Bushmill’s Black is one of my recently discovered favorites as well, but I’m really bothered that the price has gone up by about $15-$20 from this time last year (I think). Or maybe I’m just poorer than I was this time last year!