Who do you want the VP pick to be?

I think he’ll make the smart play and select Hillary Clinton.

I think Joe should go with someone that already has huge name recognition and someone that people immediately accept could be president day one if need be. Someone who doesn’t require an introduction to the American people.

Harris is my prediction, but I agree that Rice is a potential Biden pick because they get along well. It’s a little weird because she has never run for office though.

I’ve been trying to get this quantum mirror tuned into the dimension where that epic troll happens, but alas the device is hard to calibrate.

As an aside the Vanilla Ice as president timeline continues to be much better than this one. I’ve got that on a preset now (1.5396007µמ on the dial). Since there are only six on this thing I had to finally bump off the “the dinosaurs never went extinct” channel. It was interesting at first but things in mega-fauna societies move a little too slow to make for regular watching.

I had a preference for the VP pick in this timeline once, Warren, but I’m pretty much good with all the names being floated now.

Most pundits had exactly the opposite reaction to this, which is why speculation about Bass went sky high on Monday.

In any event, I’d be careful about trying to read to much into body language and facial expressions of people at a funeral who are all wearing face masks.

One vote for Marianne Williamson. We need her healing orbs now more than ever.

That’s my concern, too. Whoever is his VP had the inside track for 2024 or 2028. Rice has never run for public office before. It will definitely be weird. She hasn’t been tested as a candidate. She could actually be terrible at the entire hustings thing, and no one would know.

Duckworth is the best choice- least likely to offend anyone- the first rule of a VP pick is do no harm and seem like you could do the job (second part really important due to Biden’s age+ COVID)

My personal choice would be Keisha Bottoms if she’s recovered from COVID.

This specific mention of her on his notes sure makes things seem like Harris is the pick:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-bidens-personal-notes-on-kamala-harris-no-grudges/2020/07/28/1f5327dc-d13a-11ea-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

She’s one of my favorites as well. As is Susan Rice but for completely different policy reasons. Mayor Bottoms shows gusto and a hard driven attitude towards making sure things are done well. I like her, a lot.

Seems Biden is making a huge gamble that he can turn America a lot less sexist - and if he picks a black woman, a LOT less racist - in the next four years.

Otherwise, buckle up for President Ryan.

I don’t know what you guys are debating here. Biden already picked Harris on August 1.

It’s going to depend heavily on the corona recovery. If we get a recovery by 2023 or so, folks are going to give Biden all the credit. Otherwise we’re in deep trouble. The vaccines have to pay off sometime in 2021.

My gut tells me Biden would tend to select another Senator and someone who is as known a quantity as possible and who already has national campaign/media experience and so on. Therefore my gut says Harris, with maybe Duckworth as the runner-up.

I’m leaning towards Harris at this point too. I think my fave, the lovely ❤️ Stacey Abrams ❤️, is most likely out of the running.

You all are going to be so disappointed when Biden reaches across the aisle and picks Diamond or Silk as his running mate.

Totally with you here. Plus it would not hurt one bit to be on the ballot with Whitmer in Michigan.

He has to pick them both, they come as a pair.

In that case I’m forming a shadow campaign and bringing Salt 'N Pepa.

Do you want to shoop?

We need to keep her.

I wish there was a good, progressive, black, female Texas running mate he could have picked. I bet that would have swung Texas and helped get non-voting Democrats nationwide to the polls like Obama did. Seeing Texas swing for a Democrat would have the most devastating impact ever on the Republican Party.

I like Kamala Harris a lot, I just worry she’ll be a wall in the face of progressive policies, like better national healthcare or a million other things we have to change.

Gasp.