Who do you want the VP pick to be?

If she recovers fully, Keisha Bottoms.

I want someone with executive experience, and who isn’t a centrist.

[Rhode Island is] one of only four U.S. states rated a “low” risk level by the Covid Act Now project.

Two days later, now medium. Man.

If a VP pick can help the ticket carry a crucial state, and I think the evidence for this is slim but IF.

And if Wisconsin is a must win state for Trump, which I believe that it is but the political sands are shifting beneath our feet as I type.

Then I would pick Senator Tammy Baldwin. She is fantastic, and the governor is a Dem so he would pick a Dem to serve out her term, unlike a Warren as MA has a Republican governor.

I’ve met Sen Baldwin back when she was in the WI legislature and she is the real deal.

That being said, I think there is significant pressure on Biden to pick a Black woman, and there are several strong contenders and Black women voters have saved our asses in so many elections I think Joe needs to honor them.

I bet Joe goes with someone he thinks could serve as President and with whom he has a good working relationship. Harris torched him at the debate and I suspect he still bears the scars, so I doubt it is Kamala. Plus her debate skills were all over the place during the debates. We don’t need “is she drunk and laughing at her own jokes Harris” showing up to debate marble statue Pence.

So my final guess is Val Demmings.

Probably shouldn’t have had a beer before writing this, this shit is all over the map.

Baldwin is a boss.

Sorry for the tangent, but is Black (capitalized) the thing now and African-American is out? Not asking in a snarky way, genuinely want to know.

In one of the few instances of not FTNYT, yes:

I don’t know, but I work for an organization with a CEO who is an amazing Black woman and in my little world Black is capitalized. Without Black women showing up we’d be fucked in an even more fucked up way.

Interesting. African-American always bugged me since I knew a Black guy that was from the UK. Having people refer to him as African-American by default was just weird.

Amen, brother.

Harris. We need CA blood in the White House, as a State which actually tries to deal with the 21st Century problems, and has dealt with the party the GOP has become for longer.

As to not Progressive enough? That’s silly. Progressive policy needs to get broader in Congress first.

Hey, thanks for linking that. Been wondering for a minute.

Armando 35 yet? I changed my mind after last night.

Alas, only 34 by Inauguration.

At 35 I can take up the mantle. Bonus my diet and daily running mean I can make up for the extra passion with twice daily vigor and regularity.

‘Oh, it’s 8am. Time to visit Arlington’

I would love to put forth my wife, but she is only 33 and has no interest in being Vice President.

That being said, whenever I’m voting, and there are 1 or fewer options, I always write in my wife (I guess I wouldn’t if there was a strong write in candidate that I liked). She gets several votes from me during each primary, and even a few during the actual election. All for different positions, obviously. No voter fraud here.

I’ve changed my mind. I want Armando as VP too. Just lie about your age, lying is apparently OK by half the country.

I would only be in favor of it if Armaldo was a (trans) women. Biden promised us a women, and I am keeping him to that promise.

Of course, a trans women Armaldo would piss off J. K. Rowling. So, I guess I would doubly on board.

Karen Bass has entered the chat.

I saw the clip of Rep. Bass and Joe at the memorial and their body language seemed awkward and he appeared to be avoiding eye contact with her which is unlike him.

My prediction is either Rep Val Demings or Susan Rice. My bet is Joe will go with who he knows so Rice has the edge.

Contradicting my earlier prediction.

We’ll know more soon.

At this point I’m guessing it’ll be Duckworth or Rice. My personal preference would be Whitmer, because she’s just so impressive, but I understand it almost certainly won’t be her.