Why all the hate?

I would rather have people dropping the f-bomb in posts than fucking anime smilies. =^-~=

If that’s supposed to be a smile, I think you might want to call a doctor - it would appear that your anime character is having a stroke.

Hey, dude, I stopped didn’t I? Yeeesh you people…

Just kidding!

Incorrect.

This is why I have hate. I AM NOT A DUDE. Until people realize that, I will rage on with my hardly ever posting and owning a wii!

Edited to add: <3 Raife

Dude, I call everyone dude, dude. Yeesh, you people…

In fairness, you’ve kept it up here and there for about a week since originally called out about it.

I distinctly remember another thread like this in the last year (or maybe a couple of them now) because I know I’ve said this before:

I wouldn’t be too worried about the forum getting a little less caustic toward stupid posts. I’ve followed a cliquey car forum for a decade now that started out with a reptutation for that and was fun for years, but now it’s become so tedious and masturbatory that the original point of the forum is gone, not to mention a drop in interesting conversations. The flames and beatdowns become rote as you scroll the mouse wheel past endless tirades, probably because the creative posters left a long time ago. The lesson might be that if you’re not clever about being mean, then you’d better just keep your mouth shut.

It’s a habit I’m trying to break, okay? :P Takes a spell to overcome it. Yeesh, you people…

Sort-of. If I had to summarize, I’d say the board is now less mean, less bat-shit insane, and less smart.

A lot of what you consider negativity, I would consider plain stupidity.

One person’s mean is another person’s stupid? :)

I wouldn’t really know that, since I’m relatively new around here, but from my point of view qt3 is one of a kind. It’s hard enough to find people in the real world with whom I can have good conversations on topics that I like (not that other topics aren’t worthy of conversations), and compared to a lot of other forums qt3 is much more worthwhile and sincere.

Oh, I totally agree with you, I love this place, which is why all the seeming stupidity/negativity bugs me. Sigh.

I now hate this thread more.

Except for the dickbutt cartoon, that thing cracks me up.

How long ago was it when jpinard would get eviscerated every time he posted? Now he’s like a favorite forum mascot, with only a handful of people hanging onto the hate.

Carebear war of attrition.

Seems to be about the same. I’m guessing that the radar goes up whenever someone respected or appreciated takes it in the shorts or when a newer member brings their “original” style of canyoutopthis posting and tries to dominate a topic or another member.

I agree the f-bomb may not always be in good taste, but it really has lost a lot of impact over the last few years… I wouldn’t necessarily associate an f-word here or there with the most aggressive or pointed posts. I’ve rolled fuck into my early morning breakfast conversation, and not just when I stub my toe on the bed frame.

I don’t cuss around my friends as a way of standing out.

They find it creepy.

Aha, here’s the culprit.

“I’m sorry I caused all that hate.”