Why haven't you joined the Age of Rivals alliance?

This was in the post I linked above:

Good news. After some investigation, I think I can get a functional version of Offline Play working in a reasonable amount of time. We sort of have to redo each feature a bit to work either offline or online, so we’ll start with the important ones: being able to complete the tutorials, customizing your rival guaranteed cards, playing vs. the computer, and earning coins (that you can spend when you get back online). I’d like to release that feature set first.

Over time, we can extend more aspects of the game to Offline mode (missions, campaigns, and buying card packs). Some features (alliances, monthly tournament, multiplayer games) will never come to Offline mode because they don’t make as much sense offline.

Ah, mea culpa. Hadn’t seen the more recent post.

This happened to me, so I made a new login. So if the alliance is still going, can someone delete me, please. Thanks!

I just got this on mobile. How does the invite process work? I don’t see qt3 in the available alliances.

I just brought this (on Android) as well. Are alliances channels specific?

Couple more questions:

• Is there anything to spend reward gold on other than card packs?
  • If you unpack a rival you already own, do you get anything out of it?

EDIT: actually just realized that you unlock rival card slots by unpacking the same rival card, and it’s not based on total rivals unlocked, duh.

There’s a cap of players at 10. It is probably full.

Okay, thanks. I started a new one at “QuarterToThree” for anybody else who hasn’t been able to get in.

Is there a way to remove unlocked cards from the pool? Is the rival “guaranteed” cards the only deck building involved?

As far as I know, that’s correct.

You can use those guaranteed cards to lock them out of the game too, in a way. (if your opponent didn’t pick them as well, though).

The store says it doesn’t even support third generation iPads, which is what I’ve got. That’s kind of weird. It doesn’t seem like a technically ambitious game.

-Tom

I have no input on the iOS ecosystem but it seems to run fine on my 5 year old Galaxy Note 2 android phone.

Well, it seems to run okay on my third generation iPad. So when they say they “don’t support it”, I guess that just means they can tell me “sucks to be you” if it starts crashing or whatever.

-Tom

P.S. There are a bunch of randos queued up as empire requests. I’m assuming none of them is you guys, so I’m just going to delete the requests. But since amandachen has defected, we have an opening if anyone wants in!

I’d like in the Alliance if the slot is still open. Same name as my QT3 account: Vormithrax
The alliance list only shows 10 entries with no way i can find to scroll/refresh/change which ones are shown.

Invited!

-Tom

I picked this up on ios too.

What are the benefits of being in an alliance?

Being in an empires means you can earn a reward on any given day if any of the ten members has won a multiplayer match. It’s a pittance, really, but it’s cool to login in and be, all, like, “ooh, tgb123 won a multiplayer game, so I get 50 gold!”

It also makes you feel guilty for not winning multiplayer games, so be prepared to deal with that.

-Tom

I would like to join the Qt3 Alliance. tylertoo626 is the handle.

However I am just starting out and not ready for MP, so if space is limited, please save it for someone who can actually contribute!

Just got through the tutorial. Fascinating stuff. Was there a board game version?

This game is sweet. If you’re in an alliance, is it easy to see who can play?

While I might go back to this at some point, feel free to eject me from the qt3 alliance as I haven’t played in quite a while. Just got sidetracked onto other things. I’m JoshL on there.