Winter 2016 Midseason New TV Shows Thread

London Spy = Good Stuff from spyland (all hail Brittannia!) and put together by a good spy novelist (Tom Rob Smith).

I also just watched the first episode of Mad Dogs (the whole season is out there on Amazonprime now).

I thought it would be some kind of Hangover farce (I don’t like reading too much about something before I watch it). But, after the first episode I’m hooked enough by the premise to keep going.

Comedy, no. Has a little bit of another flick that had the word dog in it is all I am saying for now (Reservoir Dogs).

Watched Lucifer last night. The guy who plays Lucifer has the most annoying smirk pasted on his face ALL THE TIME. I don’t think I can take another episode.

The “next time on” is already taking away his powers of persuasion and his immortality. So…the only thing that made the show different than every other procedural cop drama is being removed? The “losing his powers” thing is more of a season 3 “crisis”, not an episode 2 plot. Ugh

I’m still hoping for Supernatural meets Castle. We’ll see if they salvage it

After you mentioned this, I went back and did watch a few more, its not great, but there are good moments. The Salsa episode was good.

Re: Lucifer:

This is worse than Constantine was at the start of its season… right? I know Constantine started with a bit of a thud but this just isn’t very interesting at all. Given what they COULD do, I’m super disappointed in what they are actually doing.

Edit: I guess I’m saying monster of the week is better than Law and Order: this guy f**ks edition.

Very little chatter about this show here. AFAIK it is still around, I keep seeing ads for it… Is it any good?

I like it. It’s full of great actors and great production… but somehow feels like less than the sum of its parts, which keeps it from being truly great.

I think I hate almost everyone on the show but that’s by design.

Worth watching imo though. It’s always entertaining.