Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - ARPG, CryEngine

Yeah, @Charlatan is right, I would like this more than a shared stash even. Hopefully the game is a success and they keep adding to it. (Assuming the end game is as fun as the early game is so that I want to keep playing it.)

You can, it’s just not at a push of a button. You earn quite a few respec points via quests and Orbs of Scouring also give you one. So you can respec and back out of decisions but it’s limited, not push-a-button like Diablo 3.

Considering there was 60,000+ concurrent users, I think it’s safe to say it’s a success! So yes, hopefully these things get added.

Yeah, PoE respecs are limited. Each point removes a node, iirc, so it’s more about tweaking than turning your mage into a soldier.

Steam is getting bombed with bad reviews because online is down. Shame. 64k playing, though.

Is that new? A RL acquaintance told me there was no respec, so you had to plan your entire build out way in advance. He also said he fucked one place, so he had to start his character all over. For these reasons I have never even considered PoE.

Nah, not new. I haven’t played PoE in ages. That’s an odd reason not to at least try it.

Not only has it been there pretty much all the time, but I would say you would have to go out of your way to make a character that didnt work in the normal gameplay.

Thanks guys, I’ll check out PoE!

My RL acquaintance was a bit… eccentric. He was probably building his char to one very specific thing very well.

Definitely worth a try. It’s a very good aRPG, especially if you like to focus on a single skill and try to make it as OP as possible.

This is down until at least noon UTC tomorrow, so 7am New York time. No link because it’s a comment in their discord from the community manager.

Rough launch.

Yikes! It sounded like there was DB corruption on the backend somewhere, so definitely a serious problem. Sucks for them that it’s going to take that long to fix, from the sound of it part of the problem is on their provider’s end. Good thing they offer offline mode for those that just want to play SP.

Yep… and you can edit your offline characters to test builds ;) The save files are in c/users/yourname/saved games.

Yeah Dragon Quest Builders 2 would stutter whenever the mini map filled in. However I have been playing other games that run great, like the Resident Evil 2 remake.

Maybe it’s time for Windows refresh just in case, to round out the weekend!

edit: fresh install made no difference, ahaha! :D

Played some more, there are some little bugs (I only see the top of all tree trunks, sometimes tool tips stay permanently, etc) and it really could use a better help system. It probably told me some of this initially, but I have since forgotten and there is no way to bring back those tutorial screens that I know of. Like my “Primordial Essence” meter has filled up, its hot key is R, but nothing happens when I press that. Turns out you can’t use it until after act 1.

I am completely lost on stats and skills. I am leveling up skills I can’t even use, but I guess that doesn’t matter since I can’t remove them anyway. And why would I want to duplicate a skill? I guess due to the long cool-downs some skills have?

Melee drops are very common in my game. Almost no caster stuff drops for me, especially weapons. I have ton of swords, helmets, etc. Just finding a staff is a rare event. I did finally get a one handed catalyst, so I think I could now arm a sword and have melee and caster skills. I think?

To change the skills you’re using, hit S to bring up the spellbook. On the left side of the screen you will see a list with your learned skills in it. On the bottom left your quickbar will be shown. To arrange stuff in the quickbar drag a spell icon from the upper list into the desired quickbar slot.

This is also where you level up your skills - every so often you get “points” you can use to customize your skills. At certain levels (5, 8, 11, and so forth) abilities unlock on each skill. You can spend those points to customize the skills - some abilities increase AOE area, lower Rage or Willpower costs, or change the spell behavior.

When you sell unwanted Enteractds to the spell lady, you get 10 whatever points for each. You can level up your equipped spells manually by spending those whatever points.

You will definitely get tons of stuff dropping, so be patient. You could always purchase a weapon from the merchant guy if you are really desparate.

Yes, you can equip a one-handed weapon and an off handed weapon. If one item is a “weapon” and the other is a “caster item” then you can use both Enteracts classified as Spells and Enteracts classified as Attacks. One of my guys is using a main-hand pistol and an off-hand sword. You could also use a main hand sword/hammer, etc, and a catalyst in your off hand. And of course If you use two pistols (which are classified as ranged weapons) you couldn’t use a melee attack skill.

OMG, play POE, it’s been the gold standard ARPG for 3-5 years at this point!

Thanks, but I got most of that, I just can’t figure out how to remove those melee skills from my quick bar. I guess eventually I will get more skills I can use and I can just drag something over them?

There isn’t a pool of experience, where the more skills I have the slower they level is there? That is why I was thinking I want to remove those skills I am not using.

I believe skills level up based on XP of mobs you kill when it’s equipped in your quickbar. So skills in the quickbar will level up, and ones not in the quickbar won’t.

If you want more appropriate skills you can purchase them from Demetra or whatever her name is - it’s 2k gold per skill I believe, and her stock rotates every 15 min I think.

Got it, thanks for the help. I just need to play more. :-)

And the reason you may want to duplicate a skill is to have the same skill bar on your bar, but with different skill passives applied - like an aoe version and a single target version. I wonder if duplicating a skill duplicates it’s level…