Wonder Woman 1984 - Patty Jenkins and an Amazon

I think this is probably a very good trailer but I can’t get past a little personal 80s burnout. Stranger Things just took us to the mall this summer, this doesn’t feel as fresh as it might have otherwise.

The trailer was mostly excellent except… did she really ride the lightning bolts? There has to be a limit, right?

Anyway, it’s still great, but the rumors coming out of this one aren’t good, so I’ll hold off and wait for some early reviews.

Would watch Thor / Wonder Woman franchise cross over movie.

Anything for more Taika.

100% of my fuck yes

Thats just a trash can

I don’t get this concern. Wonder Woman came out before Thor Ragnarok, and was colorful and energetic, I’m not sure why Patty Jenkins would change things for the sequel.

Wait wait wait, so is Steve alive or just a fake? Next they will be telling me they have rounded a square. (Or just more comic book handwaving).

Hopefully she changes the ending so it doesn’t suckle goat balls.

True that.

But if the ending sucks again, I won’t be too upset.

It’s just a movie, I wouldn’t get upset, but it would certainly be another disappointment capping off an otherwise great flick with a turd.

I expect handwaving. Since justice league is dead, she doesn’t need that sad background anymore and they can just bring him back using comic book magic.

Well given that if he had aged normally from 1914 - 1984 he’d be at least 90 if he was a 20 year old in 1914 I’d suggest that comic book magic is guaranteed just based on how he looks.

Aquaman did well. Wonder woman did well. I wouldn’t say Justice League is actually dead.

As solo* acts

*offer not valid for all members

Right, it’s the DCEU that failed, not all the individual flicks.

I find it hard to believe they’re going to roll out these successful movies… and never bring them together again. I guess we’ll see.

They’ll definitely try again at some point, sure. But first they need a couple successful franchises.

Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman were all released and filmed after Justice League was ready to go. I’d say they’ve had a pretty successful run post JL already. I think we’ll see it again sooner than they’re suggesting.

Actually, yes, a lot of people cared. He was a very popular character who had great chemistry with WW/Gadot.

Yeah, I’m late to the conversation :)