Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

What’s wrong with mince?

I don’t see anyone groaning about it, I just thought it was unlikely to be common enough to pop up as an answer (and recall - it was not the answer that day). That said, considering some of the other choices, I’ve reconsidered that position. What is sufficiently β€œcommon” to make the word list is definitely hard to suss out if β€œrebus” makes the cut.

Mince isn’t common in American English, but I would think most adults would know of it. The β€œrarest” word all week is likely today’s which I’m pretty sure the only reference I’m aware of it being used casually is via the β€˜grassy knoll’ - ala JFK, which I would still think most adults over 30 have at least heard, but probably rarer and rarer as the generations go.

Yeah, I was definitely surprised by today’s. I share @newbrof’s interest in Ms. Shah’s background and vocabulary.

My thought on Mince was the proliferation of cooking shows over the last two or more decades. I get that say, a mince pie is more or less unknown, but the verb Mince I would have thought would be pretty darned common.

Yup. All I had were the N and the O, but so many letters ruled out. I was struggling!

I thought about it but talked myself out of it. :)

I tried gnoll on my third guess, and somehow I got confused and thought that was the correct spelling of the actual solution knoll so I didn’t try the solution until guess five when process of elimination made me reconsider. Felt really dumb!

I briefly tried gnoll too, but i also got some help from Marvel as I knew Knull wouldn’t work, but that led me to the actual word.

This one taught me something about the Wordless rules. Tough one.

Wordle 219 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

back on track
Wordle 220 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 220 4/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATIO
SNARE
SCRAP
SUGAR

Weirdly hard for such a common word, although I’d never quite appreciated how unusually constructed β€œsugar” really is. There are not a lot of five letter words out there that end in β€œar.”

Wordle 220 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ratio, guard, auger, sugar. Bummer that my third guess wasn’t right, would have been nice (having used that word many times in my Thesis…)

Wordle 220 4/6*

πŸŸ¦β¬›πŸŸ¦β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ§πŸŸ¦β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ§πŸŸ¦πŸŸ¦β¬›
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

ROUND
MURKY
PURGE
SUGAR

Rather around the houses with these guesses and took me a while to figure out where to put the G and R in the end.
Bit of a waste with the R in purge, but wanted to test E. Had a suspicion the word might have been Queer but didn’t want to risk a double letter at that point

Symmetrical!

Wordle 220 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thane adios palsy sugar

Just managed to eek it out.

Wordle 220 6/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 220 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Miser
Sapor
Sugar

Lucked out with locking in letters that led to obvious choices for the rest of them.

Wordle 220 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 220 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This one was fairly simple for me today.

DREAM/RIGHT gave me the A and G but also gave me the R, because it was yellow in the first and second position. With GAR it was just a matter of thinking through the rest of the letters. Turns out there aren’t many 5 letter words ending in GAR.

Wordle 220 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Hah! I should have seen that one much earlier than I did. Actually help make that for a living!

MEANS
SAUCY
SUGAR