⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PIOUS
WROTH
CLOAK
KNOLL

I was stumped for a bit until In remembered letters can occur more than once. Serves me right for doing this before my morning coffee.

I think I am out, only one more tomorrow, and then I quit.

I had all the vowels covered after the second word.

Wordle 219 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 219 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good guess to get it in 4.

No twos so far, but no sixes either!

Wordle 219 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today strained my brain. A tough one.

Wordle 219 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I only got this one because there was only one possibility.

Oh man

Wordle 219 4/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Proud of that guess.

That center vowel is the kicker, once you have a certain consonant and that vowel, you pretty much are forced to come up with the answer or give up.

Same here. Consistency for the win!

It took me a realllly long time to get this one today. After my first three guesses (with the letter in the second and third guess being the same on), I had eliminated most of the letters, and still couldn’t come up with it. It finally came to me.

Wordle 219 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ADIEU
WORST
CHOMP
KNOLL

Yep, tough one today.

Wordle 219 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

REACH
POINT
QUOIN
SNOBS
KNOLL

Wordle 219 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I hit the L and the N in the second guess, but the L wasn’t where I thought it would be with a middle O. Good word, but i’m guessing is now a distant second to the gnoll?

That’s really good, IMHO. Without the

K or L

being locked in it would be a really tough one to guess.

Yeah, it took a long time. It helped that knowing the middle letter, there were only so many letter combinations for the letters I had left. I had been searching for a word that used double O so it wasn’t until the end it turned out to be double L.

Wordle 219 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thane groin knows knock knoll - oof. For guess four I could see two words, and chose what I thought was the more likely. Wrong!

Are there really words more likely than others? I know there are 2500 words, but any word can be in that list, no?

That sounds like something from Lord of the Rings.

I think I read that the 2500 possible answers were chosen by the programmer’s girlfriend as ones she knew - so I’m assuming the more common a word is, the more likely it is to be there.

Hang on, found a quote from the NYT:

While Ms. Shah was the lucky recipient of the first game, she has played a key role in getting it ready for the public, Mr. Wardle said. An initial list of all of the five-letter words in the English language β€” about 12,000 β€” contained a lot of obscure words that would have been near impossible to guess.

So he created another game for Ms. Shah: This time, she would sort through those 12,000 or so words, designating whether or not she knew them. That narrowed down the list of Wordle words to about 2,500, which should last for a few years.

Wordle 219 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

stare ouija honey knock knoll

I didn’t think I was going to get this one, then I got lucky.

I think we need more information about Ms. Shah. Is she a native english speaker or not. Some people here are already groaning about simple words like mince.