Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

Hard mode requires you to use any revealed letters in subsequent guesses.

What’s funny is that I feel 90% confident what your 3rd guess was.

This one was hard to me, took 5 tries and i had to look up some word lists. I didn’t realize the thing you have to realize about this word was a thing.

Okay, I still think it’s dumb to share results but I’m going to try sharing my results to see if it’s actually dumb or not.

Wordle 204 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

FUNGI
BRAGS
DIRGE
GORGE

It was forge.

Not dumb at all. If I had revealed the final three letters, there’s only one word to play for that fourth guess given that you’d smartly already eliminated F (for FORGE) and A and B (for BARGE and LARGE).

Okay, maybe it really is fun to share. My preschool teacher was right!

I still don’t find the sharing as Wordle provides it (just the grid of colored squares) very interesting but I like seeing the words other people used to get to the answer.

If you guys want to show off the size of you wordle appendages then feel free to join us on the QT3 discord where daily we’ll show you ours if you show us yours. Link here good for 7 days:

I think it’s fascinating, especially once you know what the answer word is. You can look at someone’s blocks of green and gold squares and work out which words they used, especially in the latter guesses before they hit the answer.

Wordle 204 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

STARE
BRINE
ROUGE
FORGE
GORGE

Repeating letters always throw me.

Ok now 100% :)

I realize that he’s probably muted this thread, but I saw this on Twitter and thought @ShivaX might appreciate it.

This makes me smile.

And on that note.

Wordle 205 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Woohoo! My standard opening word really pays off!

Wordle 205 3/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I wanna guess, let me know if I’m close on any of these.

1. STARE
  2. FERRY or BERRY
  3. LEERY
  4. correct answer

Was I close on any of those?

Wordle 205 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So, I always start with β€œSTORE,” largely operating from half-remembered Wheel of Fortune strategy, so you were very close there. It was:

STORE
LEARY
FAERY
QUERY

And I could shoot myself for that third answer, if #4 had just occurred to me then I’d have used it.I probably shouldn’t be doing these things this late in the day!

Appropriately, I did this puzzle while working in SQL

Wordle 205 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟧🟦
⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Wordle 205 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thank god there is no time limit or I would fail miserably…