World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

There are two guilds I am in on Stormrage. My main is in Zeros to Heroes, and I have two alts in Together we are Terrific. The latter is a spam guild that is actually pretty good.

Stormrage is the highest pop US Alliance server, though.

Yup! How old is your daughter? Sometimes people swear in gc.

Sadly I was a raid leader. Rogue raid lead on Korial and … other servers. I’d be tempted if I thought things were going well.

Bal before you judge. How is raiding NOW in wow. I really used to love that.

Right now, as of 8.0, the only raid in town is Uldir. I raid Heroic. And at the Heroic level it’s decidedly… ok.

The fights are decent and interesting. The loot is boring and lack-luster. The final boss is a pita, and a significant challenge, even on “farm” status. If you’re short orb runners and you have to train new ones, you’re gonna wipe for 30-60 minutes while they figure out their shit, which isn’t fun. Phase three is where it starts to count, and that’s 6-7 minutes in. As the boss drops below 10% health, if you only have <= 3 people dead, you’ll probably kill him. More than three and it’s probably a wipe. We were hoping to sell AotC carries, but that didn’t work out.

As I mentioned the loot is poor. There was a big nerf to warforging and titan-forging, so it’s rare to see it. There are no set pieces, and head/shoulders/chest are Azerite so decidedly unexciting (Azerite pieces have no secondary stats). This isn’t specifically the fault of the raid, but of BfA design decisions to make BfA worse than Legion in every possible way.

Oh, and if you’re Alliance you have zero idea why you’re in Uldir or what it’s about. None of the Alliance quests mention it in any form. You have to play the Horde storyline to learn about it. Or watch a video on Youtube.

The new raid drops on 1/22 and word on the street is it’s pretty good. Azerite gear from the new raid is getting a buff, though it’s unlikely to be enough to stop the complaints.

I unlocked the Dark Iron Dwarf race recently (because they are pure bad-ass) and am currently working on earning their heritage armor set for my dark iron dorf fury warrior. This requires leveling him straight from character creation to 120 so I’ve been taking a tour back though zones and expansions I hadn’t seen before due to my 9 year hiatus from the game.

I had been impressed with the class hall and mission board in Legion when I started my Demon Hunter there and it struck me just how bare bones and bland the mission board in BFA is in comparison. Well, I’m going though Draenor right now and the garrison and mission stuff there puts both of them to shame. It’s actually pretty awesome.

So it looks like they took the very cool Draenor mission/garrison system and have been systematically making it more bland, simple and crappy with every expansion iteration since. It makes me wonder what Blizzard is thinking (if they still do that over there).

Was the dungeon run needed to unlock the dark irons easy? I need to do it in a PUG and I always have anxiety about screwing it up. My hope is that even in LFG it’s at the steamroll phase

It’s not bad. Do it on normal and you will likely get a leveling group. I don’t think any of us had a problem with it.

The Motherlode dungeon was an easy PUG for me. The hard part was actually getting a group. The group finder took over 5 hours to get me a group and then when we finally started the tank bailed after the very first trash pull. Back into the group finder for another hour. I finally got a group and it was quick and smooth after that. I’m guessing Motherlode is not very popular.

My battle tag is MultiPass#11515. I will run it with you. I’m a hunter, so we are still on our own for tanks and heals.

Leeloo Dallas moooltipass!

Ayep!

I’m still waiting for a boss named Autowash.

I finally PUGged it on normal; we crushed it in like 15 minutes.

I’ve had enough. I cancelled my subscription yesterday. It isn’t Blizzard’s WoW anymore, it is Activision’s–and it shows.

I am starting to get close to this. There are a lot of things I like about the game, and things I don’t like, naturally. I am going to be giving FFXIV a shot.

I’m currently playing FFXIV. It’s been fantastic, but I bounced off of it the first couple times I tried. The game REALLY starts out slow both in terms of story and combat/class mechanics. Classes are very basic to start and the 2.5s GCD just made it feel awful to me.

If you can push through the payoff is absolutely worth it IMO, but it takes some patience and a little dedication to get to the point where the game really ramps up.

I am starting to feel bad/regret for leaving my guild. I enjoyed raiding. I liked pugs even and progression. Having a brief
flashback to the “fun” I had. I had a very infamous rogue on a server named “Korialstrasz” that united with a server “Eldre’thalas”. Lot of good people. I miss them but this new cpu has never loaded wow.

Don’t feel bad, this is the worst expansion in the history of WoW.

Where is that the game ramps up?

For me it was the first expansion (Heavensward).