World of Warcraft Classic

Engineering was arguably the best profession to have if you were going to PvP, but other than that, it had limited use, and yeah, was more useful to hunters than other classes. And even if some of the gadgets were useful for PvE content, most of them required you to be an engineer to use, so it wasn’t a profession that was useful to an entire guild, only to the individual player.

That said, a hunter with Goblin Jumper Cables could sometimes save an entire raid thanks to Feign Death then ressing the healer. (This would be after the rest of the raid wiped, not an in combat res.)

I forgot about the jumper cables. Yeah, those could be really handy if there was no warlock to soulstone the healer.

I also remember a lot of the engineering trinkets to be fun, but that meant using up that trinket slot and sacrificing more effective trinkets you’d typically get as drops or rewards.

What I always found frustrating with my hunter who went engineering was by the time I could make a new gun, I already had something better I was using.

You could craft a backpack from Onyxia iirc, but yeah bags were 14 for crafted stuff. 16 from a drop.

Onyxia Hide Backpack was a drop. 18 slots. I only recently destroyed mine.

That’s right. I remember people being pumped to get one after the fight.
It was the cloaks that were crafted.

I seem to remember you could get a rare drop and make 16 slot Mooncloth bags as I seem to remember going to the moon wells and making mooncloth with my wife. She never could get the pattern to drop and we did a lot of farming trying. I was pretty sure this was in Classic, but these were rare and 14 slot was more common.

I remember being super excited about getting Finkle’s Skinner off The Beast in Blackrock Spire and then being able to skin him.

You’re right! Forgot all about Mooncloth.

This is a good tool for finding people in your WoW launch guild:

I reconnected with some of my old Scarlet Crusade buddies today. The nostalgia is strong, and I hope it carries me through grinding for flasks, resist gear etc :)

You know discussing economics before we go in is a good idea. I forgot how I made my first 40 gold… hmmm…I never did the mooncloth bags. Plus we will actually need money in the gb for repairs for raiding. Or repairs for whoever…I guess whoever is in charge can figure that out.

But I just can’t quite recall the old economy… I might have made my fortune 9such as it was) by luck --blue weapon finds. Any discussion of economy and ah stuff appreciated.

Remind me if you can recall --is the OLD onyxia there in Vanilla? I only later raided the new one in … cata maybe? I lost track…

lol me too for some unfathomable reason.

Yes, Onyxia is in Vanilla. There was an attunement quest to zone into the dungeon iirc.

Oh very good. We will take her down!

Again!

Yeah, you had to get some stuff. It will be awhile before we have enough to tackle Onyxia. I am in no rush.

So how many are in your old guild? Maybe if we all play on the same server, same side, we can join together for some end game stuff.

Maybe a dozen so far, with some others who were in an allied guild also interested. And I like your idea!

Well, so far out of my old guild there’s only me in that find tool. Our guild ended up splintering and going away at some point. We did stick together for most of the 1-60 leveling though. That was the best part of the vanilla experience anyway.

In the mean time, here’s a video to brush up on Onyxia strategy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXdcrSbIho

In Pirates of the Caribbean, Barbosa once refers to Orlando Bloom’s character as a “whelp.” So, that’s why he’s in the animation.