World of Warcraft Classic

If you are looking for pve alliance, my guild (the wanderers) has a decent number of people planning to play on Mankrik.

Many are from the wanderraid group that spent years doing endgame raiding, but plenty are just hoping to get back to teamwork and socialization that current mmos dont foster in the same way the old ones did. Anyone from Qt3 or OO would be welcome.

If the lag’s not bad on Eastern from PST, I don’t suppose it matters overmuch except for possibly a mismatch in play times.

I play on an ET server on Live, because that’s where I lived. I moved to PT five years ago and it’s been rough. The lag is OK, as the server is in Ohio. ~60ms on an Ohio server vs. ~25ms on an LA server. The hard part is that no one raids on PT. The guild is definitely less populated at 9pm PT, so it’s harder if not impossible to get rolling with a set group of friends who roll mythics every night, for example.

I should have transferred a long time ago.

As long as I can find nice people to roll content that I missed the first time round, I’ll go wherever the people are.

Blizzard announcement RE: server overcrowding.
If you’re on Herod it might be worth relocating.

EDIT: There is an EU version too - same deal but with Shazzrah

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/overcrowded-realm-update/70777

This is going to be interesting. I was watching the latest Talisien and Evitel, and they mentioned that Blizzard is expecting a huge drop-off a few months after launch. But the amount of people creating characters may mean there could not be big drop off. That said, people could just be saving names for future use and don’t have much interest in playing.

Yeah, it’s impossible to really guage interest based on name creation. If you have an active account it’s trivial to squat on a few names.

My guess is a lot of veteran players will try it for nostalgia’s sake and may quit after hitting the cap with a character. I think everyone will hit the cap much quicker, too. We all know where quests are, etc.

I also think a lot of players will miss the matchmaking group finder that’s in the current game. Getting groups together for dungeons was a pain in vanilla.

Wasn’t there dungeon stones when WoW first launched? Or did that come later?

I think they were there, but you couldn’t summon.

Blizzard also can probably get an idea based on new subs over the last week.

They were not at launch, but came later, but before BC. Since Classic replicates 1.12, they will be there.

Edit - that’s right, they couldn’t summon but were an extremely crude form of Dungeon Finder. No one used them.

Yeah, you still need warlocks for that. What was the purpose of the dungeon stones? All I remember is getting a group together for a five-man was seldom easy and Upper Blackrock, which was 15 players? was a major effort.

Man, been a long time since I ran any Blackrock dungeons.

The actual name was Meeting Stones. I think they were just a landmark for people to congregate at.

I do vaguely recall that people used to zerg one (both?) of the Blackrock dungeons with large groups before they limited the 5-man dungeons to … you know, 5 people.

So is there much difference between an RP server and a regular server? I am thinking about the server I want to join. Looks like people who responded to the poll are really split up among the servers.

My experience is that you find fewer jerks on a RP server, but that may be out of date, as I haven’t played WoW in years.

BRS was a raid instance at launch, with a 15 player cap. It was commonly run as a 10 man.

Yeah, that’s the one I remember. It wasn’t easy getting 15 players together with the requisite tanks and healers.

Biggest problem for PUGs wasn’t finding tanks and healers, it was getting someone with the key!

Oh my, I’m looking so very much forward to that quest chain.