World of Warcraft Classic

What server and faction are you guys playing?

Mankrik, Alliance.

I think you played with us in the beta maybe?

Mankrik is apparently going to be slammed. Twice as many PVP servers as Normal servers as well, which seems strange.

I was going to say that we should try to avoid Mankrik, but right now there are zero non-RP, non-PVP servers that are not Full or High. The only Medium server right now is PVP.

It’s hard to tell if the name reservation levels will track to actual player counts. Based on name reservation numbers, the servers look to be absolutely slammed next Monday.

Yes, they all seem pretty full. We won’t be changing, at least for now. Where would we go?

Launch is going to be hilarious. Anticipating all the fuming from people sitting in 6-hour queues.

I literally can’t stomach playing Alliance. Anyone looking for a Horde player, hit me up.

So it sounds like Gordon and I will be joining Mankrik Alliance with the intention of hooking up with various QT3 types and redfive’s crew. Unless someone has a strong suggestion otherwise, I suggest that be the target for our QT3 crew.

I will see if I can reach out to some of the other folks from the old days and see if there is any response.

I was Horde for years on a PvP server. I got spit on so many times by Alliance players it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I say I’ll do anything and I probably can, but my heart is with Horde.

The whole spit, makes strange gestures, etc., thing is weird with me. I never did any of that after a successful kill.

That’s a common on both sides. I used to get that playing as Alliance all the time. It’s just some dumb macro.

Yeah, I figured that. I just never wanted to be a part of that.

I went for RP-PVP, same as I did back in DAoC days. Looking forward to it, but… Monday?! Gah.

I thought the release was Tuesday.

I think here in the U.S. we can start sometime Monday evening. It’s a simultaneous launch with Europe I think.

On the 26th at 10am PST they open servers for further character creation, 10 per server.

On the 26th at 3pm PST they turn on play button.

On the 26th at 3:01pm PST the servers implode and won’t stabalize for days.

Launch week re-creation successful.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking I’d re-sub on Friday after launch and hope that some of the tourists will have gone away.

Could it really be any other way?

Ok. It keeps saying Global Release 8-27. But Paris is the first time zone that it will be Tuesday.

With layering, I predict the servers will be 100% stable. But since they’re restricting logins anticipating disabling layering later on, there will be lots of queues.

Stability… oh yeah, do you all remember the notorious “loot bug”? Where you’d loot something and it wouldn’t appear in your bag for like a minute or two? Good times!