World of Warcraft Classic

There are 15-20 people actively logging in on most nights. Most arent 60 yet. I think discussion of a merger is very premature, although i understand that the people who are 60 want to continue to progress and are looking for a way to do that. I dont think the solution is to hit 60 and then find a raiding guild to transfer to.

I think my overall view is that the people who hit 60 first are the highly advancement focused types (what I think of, semi-derisively as the “best in slot” type gamers) and that they will probably migrate to a raid guild if we don’t become one ourselves, but I also think maybe that means for me that I should just give up the idea of the 40 person raiding (which I’ve never cared for) and just stay in Wanderers and focus on the 5 and 10 person content that is available, perhaps later working to the 20 person when that comes online.

I think I’m leaning towards that.

Yeah, I’m mostly here for BRD and BRS. I’d like to do MC and Ony for loot… but in no way am I looking forward to those raids the way I am the high level dungeons. They were not very good raids.

I am being pressured to raid MC but I refuse to. My upper limit is 10-man UBRS since that can be knocked out in about an hour with a halfway decent group.

This happened to my first guild in Wow Vanilla back in the day. The folks who really pressed and hit 60 first really wanted to get their full gear sets from raiding and doing the level 60 dungeons constantly. The rest of us were smelling the roses along the way and in our 40s or so. It ended up fracturing the guild as the high-levels left one by one.

My feeling is a raid guild means schedules and DPS meters and what not to make sure people are playing up to snuff. I’m not going to do that stuff.

My worry is when I want to run anything less than a level 60 dungeon, it may be hard to find guildmates to run it.

Ill be around, and you will be around, so thats the tank and healer. Shouldnt be too hard to find dps.

I was a raid healer in MC/AQ40/Naxx back in Vanilla. I have zero interest in knocking through 40 man content again.

I’m only level 35 on my primary char (Tauren Warrior) as I took 10 days off to head to Norway and climb some fjords.

If I hit 60 by the time Phase 2 comes in, I’ll be quite content.

I’m really hitting the wall with classic. The combination of the slow leveling, and really narrow skill set is boring the living crap out of me lol. Trying to slog through levels with my druid, and it’s just sleep inducing. On a positive note, I have actually started playing retail a bit again, and am having a lot of fun with it.

I’d love to slog through the leveling, and have a character I could PvP on when it hits, which is really my main interest, but I’m not sure I’m going to make it. I think I’ve logged on 4 times now and not gotten a level on my druid lol. How do you guys do it?

I’m playing as a warrior (35, arms) and Warlock (25, affliction). Both can be caricatured as being boring (warrior - charge, heroic strike until dead, repeat / warlock - apply DoTs and wand) but I’m finding both quite fun in terms of pushing myself to tackle more/harder/elite mobs and do it better and better.

I spent an hour last night trying to solo a 24elite quest in Silverpine Forest, and it’s a quest I never did in Vanilla. I failed utterly but it was a fun challenge.

Some times it can take me 6 hours to get a level, some times 2 - but I’m not that bothered.

While I really liked the Wanderers I’ve leveled a few alts and atm collected a bunch of crazy friends that seem to be leveling at the same time. Around level 40 ish and running scarlet monastery. I plan on just leveling my rogue and having fun with crazy rando friends. I think really the fun in playing classic depends on relationships a bit. For good or ill.

I have found myself exploring a bit more and just checking out new areas. Some parts of desolace are truly breathtaking in the evenings. Hard to say when my interest will die out but for the moment Im happy as a clam! (clam meat I sell on the ah alla time)

It does get a little slow at some levels. I typically find certain level areas, like low 30s and low 40s to be frustrating, because you are kind of in the zone transition levels, and it can be hard to find good quests. But, just sticking to it, and changing up areas helps a lot, I find if I am getting sick switching to a new zone helps. Or playing an alt for a bit, or finding dungeon groups.

No, you’ll be pining for the fjords. (sorry)

Yeah, I’ve been bouncing around a lot between STV, Desolace, and Southshore, with dungeon runs mixed in. It’s not efficient but it’s more fun for me.

I think this is the main problem for me, I feel like I missed the curve level wise, been difficult to find dungeon runs etc.

On Mankrik at least there seem to be waves. A bunch have hit 60 but I’m seeing tons of LFG calls for 30s-40s content at the moment.

Pretty pissed about the dissolution of Wanderers. And Murg passes guild leadership to one of his alts, when it should be passed to someone who gives a shit about the guild, because that clearly isn’t Murg. And OSR is filled to the gills. Good luck getting into one of their raids.

Guild drama already… nothing changes i guess :D

It wouldn’t be WoW Classic without a little guild drama.

Yeah so this week our so called older gamers’ guild (Old Farts) on Thunderfury just got an influx of rando level 60s who immediately got promoted over casuals still leveling only because they filled needed raid roles for Onyxia/Molten Core.

It’s disappointing. It’s six weeks since launch and players are leaving.

And I agree – if you’re the GM and moving your main to another guild, give leadership to someone else.

Oh well. I’ll wait and see what happens. Last night during prime time there weren’t many on, though.