World of Warcraft Classic

My friend, with whom I originally played back in '05, finally jumped back in. I’m therefore tempted to get back in too, but I really don’t want to back down from my Bold Moral Stance on Blitzchung. So I probably won’t. I would like to have gotten at least one toon to 60.

I tried to play classic a few times, but it’s just so tedious. I literally fell asleep a few times trying to level various classes. Granted, I don’t have the same tolerance for that sort of grind anymore, so your mileage may vary.

I love the idea of classic, and it would probably be some fun in a good guild, but jeez the moment to moment leveling experience is incredibly boring.

Still playing, raiding horde in Kromcrush.

Doing ZG which drops tomorrow night.

Cleared BWL and MC.

Loving it so far

During quarantine, I’m itching to play with other humans, so that means Live for dungeon finder. In Vanilla I’d just be standing in IF for 30+ minutes LFG, so fuck that noise.

But not yet.

Yeah, that was also my experience. I actually had a much easier time with EQ on the progression servers, but that is most likely because they really bumped up the experience gain and added other QoL features. It was exactly the opposite when WoW was originally released, but now I guess I just needed the Classic WoW experience to be significantly faster to get through it.

I think I finally realized it when I logged on three straight times and kept going around in circles at the same camp for a couple hours and still hadn’t leveled. I know there are quests in other zone that I needed to travel to, but that was too long for me, and I was only like level 12.

I felt the same way as you guys did with respect to leveling a toon. The strange thing is, when I look back at my first time in wow classic I recall it as just a giant ball of awesomeness. So I guess it’s true that you can’t go home again. Or perhaps I’m a different person!

To those who enjoy it, good for you!

Well, at the time the main competition was EQ1. WoW classic is still a cake walk compared to EQ1. The next closest comp was DAOC, which was definitely less hardcore than EQ.

I still miss DAOC. The team was pretty good and they were good at press and user relations.

Yah I came directly from EQ to WoW. WoW was like candyland after EQ, where you could literally spend 1 week solid of 8 hour days trying to get through level 45.

It’s not really WoWs fault, it’s more my lack of tolerance for that stuff at this point in my life, I just can’t be bothered lol.

Sometimes twice,.

Leveling in EQ and DAoC was mostly finding a good spot and then pulling and killing, over and over again. WoW presented a series of quests from 1 to 60. It was so refreshing.

I bounced off classic, but then I tried retail. Having not played retail for about 11 years, I find there is an enormous amount of content to keep me occupied now. I’m really enjoying it!

Ran ZG last night with 20 very BWL geared players and wrecked the place. It was fun, goofing around, smacking the bosses down easily. Really fun raid, though basically no loot for me in there as a fury warrior

ZG’s a great raid. Had tons of fun in there back in the day.

One of the things I loved about World of Warcraft was how the Troll shaman, er, sorry, Shadow Priest, would sometimes recite the lyrics to Sublime’s “Smoke Two Joints”. Also, if you asked him to dance he would ginga.

No idea how they would redo the control mechanics but maybe.

Blizzard has specifically denied working on WoW for consoles. This is most likely a fake.

Controls are just the start - don’t forget social interaction and communication. Though there’s less of it than Blizzard would like, I think they would consider the lack of a keyboard a deal breaker.

I don’t understand why Blizzard wouldn’t put WoW on consoles. Seems like the game has been headed in that direction for a while (more casual gameplay, less spells to hotkey, etc).

Blizzard did an excellent job with Diablo III. They could probably re-use some of those ideas in WoW.

Why is this in the Classic thread?

It doesn’t make sense in ANY thread.

There is zero reason for Blizzard to surprise people with a launch of their next expansion on console. They’ve had pre-orders up for months, and if they were going to launch on console they’d want to prepare gamers with lots and lots of information.

It is in nobody’s best interests to surprise consumers with last-minute additional platforms for a game launch.

It makes no sense on a bunch of different levels.

I dunno, your point seems to make sense but then this is a company that teased some new Diablo stuff was coming just to mic drop Immortal on a bewildered fanbase…