WoW Add a Forum for it?

The GoneGolders went underground. The recent influx of WoW topics is just the latest in their attempt to dominate the Qt3 boards. Mwah hah hah!

Has anyone here played the new WoW game? Any tips for a n00b?

Okay, damn you people and your acronyms - how am I supposed to figure out what this ‘WoW’ is?

Women on Women?

Whimseys of Whitta?

Wranglers overestimate Whelps?

Come on people - throw me a bone, here! :cry:

Crusader works however!

You know, I had Crusader working flawlessly in VirtualPC, and then fucked something up and could never get it to run properly again.

How are you running it in XP? DOSBox? Enlighten, please.

I got Crusader: No Regret running in DOSBox with minimal fuss (it was the first game I actually tried with DOSBox). I had to hit CTRL-F12 or whatever the keyboard command is to speed up the processor but it ran fine after that.

Can we use this as definitive proof that temporarily intensely popular game acutally keeps the games forum jumping, and doesn’t equal a need to create a new forum for a pop phenomenon?

Anyway, no new HL2s, or Wows on the horizon for a while, so we shoule be safe.

Actually, I find it frustrating that the WoW threads have migrated off the first page. I have to dig for a thread to ask a question (or start a new thread, which is a waste), or just give up.

Not that I think we should have a WoW forum, mind you. Just that while the spikes eventually fade for all “fads”, there’s a downside to that, too.

We need a new forum to discuss whether forums should or should not be added. Then we need a forum to discuss the discussion about whether forums should or should not be added. Finally, we need a forum about bees.

They can call it, “Buzzup?

I think if there was a forum for WoW, or MMOs here, there would be more discussion there about the game. Maybe not though. I certainly dont think that because the threads have died down everyone has just stopped playing WoW.

I post on the Blizzard forums but for a lot of reasons, they suck. Way too much traffic makes it almost impossible to have a real discussion about anything, your post falls off the front page in a matter of minutes or is filled up with people agreeing with you or flaming you. I still look for the blue name posts but its pretty impossible to get an official comment on anything beyond a standard non commital type response that refers you to an earlier post/document or just says something like ‘we are aware of issue/bug/imbalance X and are working on it, but we have no timeline’.

olaf

Exactly. QT3 tends to be about meta-trends and disecting new games and new game ideas.

WOW isn’t new anymore, and anything we could think of HRose already has thought of, so we’re done with it for now.

I think a general MMOG forum could be useful. Seems to be the only thing people play on their PC’s now anyway. 8)

We should add a “Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth” board. 'Cause that’s what I’m playing right now. On my PC.

1. Search Tab
  2. Keyword “WoW”
  3. Forum “Games”
  4. Enter