Wrath of Man (Guy Ritchie) - Jason Statham has a particular set of skills

I just rewatched Sicario, and Donovan was maybe in one or two scenes? Were you trolling? But Sicario could really be the prequel-story to his character in Wrath of Man.

If you have a good villain/opponent, you have a good movie. That’s my theory, and that’s why Wrath of Man works for me.

On the other hand, the villain of Sicario was the drug cartells or the Mexican superboss, barely in the movie… hm, was still a great movie… more like a horror movie then, where you feel the horror but don’t actually see the monster. DelToro was he the good guy or the villain? Because he worked really well, almost like a super hero on a mission.

That’s the whole point of the movie. ;)

This movie is not good. I’m halfway through and confused as to who did what and is working for who and so forth. I’m not upset, though, because it was only through this that I found out Holt McCallany was in a 13 episode tv show about being a washed up boxer, so I’m gonna watch that next. This has to be the absolute gloweringest that Jason Statham has ever been, and that’s saying something.

Ok, I finished it. It got a little better and a little more comprehensible, but I still have no idea what connection the FBI guy with the atrocious Boston(?) accent is supposed to have to some gang of robbers. The whole exercise is entirely lacking charm, character development or memorable action. I can’t see any reason why Ritchie wanted to make this or for me to revisit it, although I am curious about the French original now.

This is free on PRIME , overall I enjoyed the man shoots, but the story and attempts at acting are not good.

For Statham, you watch Crank 2 five times, because the subtlety of why it’s the best action movie ever takes at least that to be appreciated, then you watch Snatch once, then you watch Crank 2 five more times.

Just watched this and I think I liked it a bit more than most others posting here. Thought it was a perfectly decent action flick. The end seemed a bit implausible but hey, they had to wrap up all the loose ends. It’s still on Prime Video.

Still on Prime. I thought it was solid. Seems a bit like Ritchie and Statham going through the motions, but those guys giving 80% is good enough for me. Simple plot and script, but helped a lot by the cast.