WTF is up with Amazon Prime lately?

Well that is true. Point taken.

Not sure what music you’re interested in. For me it’s stuff like Jethro Tull and other 70s artists. I downloaded 12 albums a few days ago. I guess old man stuff is more free than what you kids like. :)

Sometimes I order 4 things in 4 different orders because Amazon fluctuates so much in price and their deals. It’s a toss up if there will one box or up to four.

It only seems to have happened a few days ago. I don’t see any albums listed as “free” for Prime users anymore. I used to hit it up every few months when I was in the mood for new music.

PS - Prime annual going up to $119:

I ordered a mailbox from Amazon yesterday and they brought it up to my front door today and made me think, huh, maybe I don’t need this box after all, my front door is fine.

But still, the amusement I got from ordering a mailbox to be delivered to my house via post had me smiling off and on all day.

Physical meta mail.

That’s a chunk of change. On the other hand, I owe them for Grand Tour…

This has been my experience as well. Especially since we use dash buttons. Regardless, I love that Amazon’s packaging is almost the most reclyclable shipping materials I get. Their boxes are always easy to break down and the air filled plastic bags take only seconds to spear and throw into recycling. We have re-used a lot of those same boxes to move not long ago, so I don’t think the fact that they ship a lot of boxes is such the horrible impact it might initially seem.

I’ve bought a few things over the past 2-3 years that have come from Amazon right in the manufacturers box, such as an air purifier , vacuum, and tv. They try not to box something that is already packed pretty well and of a reasonable size to not get damaged in shipping.

I thought perhaps we might drop Prime for awhile when the sub is up – not forever, but for a few months. To me Prime is simply streaming video. I can do without it for a bit. But apparently the girlfriend is ordering once or twice a month from Amazon so we need the free delivery. Dammit Amazon, you got us!

Hey I get to bring up my mailbox again!

My mailbox was delivered in the box that the manufacturer boxed the mailbox inside of. The product packaging. The only instructions for installing the mailbox were printed on the bottom of said box, so that when you buy it at home depot or whatever you use the box as your instruction sheet (no separate paper sheet was to be found). However, for my Amazon’d package, they had slapped several shipping labels on that side of the package. The least “pretty” but most important part of the package. And I had to peel them all off one by one incredibly carefully so I could get to the meaty specs for installing the mailbox, like what size wood post and platform to use to install the dumb thing.

So what I’m saying is this practice is not without it’s own issues, I’ve just discovered. :)

Without Prime you get free shipping at Amazon for all orders over $25. Of course it takes a week not 2 days, but it is completely free. Prime is all about convenience.

I also have the Amazon Prime creditcard so I get 5% off all Amazon purchases. Bezos got me good.

The threshold went up to 35 bucks a while ago, I believe. And (as I have noticed with addon items) there is a big difference between having to order a minimum and not having to.

They dropped it back down to $25. And yeah, it’s about convenience.

Amazon Prime streaming has an option, in many cases, of downloading the album to your chosen device.

My GTX 1080 came in the manufacturer’s box. This was before the bitcoin mining craze, but still. Terrifying.

I hate the plastic pillows because we don’t recycling here, anymore, for plastic like that. It’s actually, well the recycle business is an odd world. I’m expecting an update any day now with an even more drastic cutback. You’d be surprised how many recycling centers are getting close to bankruptcy. At least the shipping boxes are recyclable and should continue to be

Prime is life, or more precise, 2 day shipping, not free shipping, but two day allows me not to have to go to 3-4 stores trying to find something that’s probably not be found in any local store. Free shipping and Prime Shipping <>.

Prime conveys free shipping when you order less than $25. Basically, for that $10 order, Prime does equal free shipping, as well as faster shipping. For orders over $25, Prime just equals faster shipping.

The faster part is important. I can get an Amazon order before my local store can order me something they don’t carry. I can often get it when my local store is just out of stock too, because they’re weekly deliveries are slow in comparison.

I am just saying, it’s not just free shipping… it’s often super fast.

You mean the prepaid delivery, but yes, point understood and I agree.

I also use it for the shipping but have come to appreciate the digital benefits. I have really gotten into the Prime Reading program and also use the video and music. The video and music services are going in opposite directions though. Prime video keeps getting more content and sometimes gets a new movie not long after Redbox. But Amazon has really cut back on Prime Music. It used to have tons of stuff but a while back a fair amount of it got moved to Unlimited or whatever the additional pay service is called, and Prime Music’s selection is noticeably reduced.