WTF Royal Family - Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah

Let’s not forget that Harry went to a party dressed as a fucking Nazi.

Hardy just an older generation thing.

You sound like trump with this popularity fetish.

This is all a bit of a PR fight so I think polling on attitudes is at least relevant to the topic. It’s not like Trump talking about his coronavirus briefing TV ratings.

That being said, I think polls such as that say more about the people than it does about Harry and Meghan. Er… well, that’s probably obvious since it was polling those people, but hopefully you know what I meant. :)

To be fair, you don’t do a scandalous Oprah interview if you hope to remain low profile. Harry and Meghan could go live on a ranch in Montana and after a while people would stop caring about them.

Clearly that’s not what they want to do, and obviously they care about their popularity, so I think it’s fair to use that as a metric of their relative success.

Note: I’m not judging them in any way. If they want to live a high-profile/celebrity life in LA, more power to them. But that means they’re going to be judged on their popularity.

Where’s that then?

The moon, probably.

I’ve never seen “how popular is x?” for celebrities outside of Trump doing it for himself.

So you’re suggesting that celebrities aren’t obsessed with their popularity? Really?

Oh no, not at all. I just don’t recall seeing nationwide polls saying, “How popular is Jeff Daniels?” with a line chart.

Then there’s also box office revenue numbers, Nielsen ratings, etc.

Celebrities have multiple ways to measure their popularity, and it’s super important to them and the industry.

Note: I have no idea if Harry or Meghan care about their popularity in the UK. They left, so I’m guessing it’s not their biggest concern.

They did vote for Brexit so that says a lot about their intelligence.

I have a feeling the sovereignty crowd and those who have a strong dislike for Meghan have a mysterious commonality that I just can’t quite put my finger on.

lolol

Sorry, I appear to have accidentally deleted a paragraph where I did mention them.

One of the saddest things about it was that a young Lenny Henry appeared with them. It’s something he didn’t feel he could control at the time and still seems to feel shamed by it.

Uh, nope. I mean, sure, in theory, but in reality no one alive and sentient today should be unaware of how not ok wearing that type of jewelry is. You are failing in your fundamental duty to not be a drooling idiot if you don’t realize that (not you, the people we are talking about!).

I mean, sure, but I’ve never heard of that type of jewelry before, and couldn’t tell what it was from the images. So it wouldn’t have been apparent to me, or at least not without a better picture. I assume that is the bust of a black woman? Based on the conversation I’m guessing that’s what it is.

The bust of a black woman? Awesome, let’s see it.

This is a thing. https://youtu.be/s2pniymmkpg

“He went to Jared!”

Ok that is a much better picture. Yeah, I see the issue now.