X10 news (mostly release dates)

Rather than bumping all the various game threads I’m just going to put this here. From Major Nelson

[quote=“Major Nelson”]

[ul]
[li]The Halo Reach multiplayer beta will kick off on May 3. You will be able to access the beta via the Halo 3: ODST game disc.[/li][li]Dead Rising 2 will release in North America on Aug. 31, Japan on Sept. 2 and Europe on Sept. 3.[/li][li]Dead Rising: CASE ZERO an exclusive download only on Xbox LIVE, will launch prior to the full game and provide a playable prologue that bridges the story between the two titles.[/li][li]Alan Wake will launch May 18 in North America and May 21 in Europe. Players can pre-order the title to receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack, which includes exclusive content like Avatar gear, an Xbox LIVE theme, and a “making of” video.[/li][li]The Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII Special Edition Bundle will release starting March 9 for $399, and include a 250GB Hard Drive, two Wireless Controllers, exclusive downloadable content and a Standard Edition copy of the game.[/li][li]Toy Soldiers will kick off the Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party on March 3[/li][li]Perfect Dark, Scrap Metal and Game Room will launch this March as a part of the Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party.[/li][li]Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction will release at retailers starting April 13 in North America, April 16 in the United Kingdom, and April 28 in Japan.[/li][li]Lost Planet 2 will launch in North America and Europe on May 18.[/li][li]Fable III will be available this holiday.[/li][/quote]

[/ul]

Please note all the bolding etc is his.

Alan Wake will launch May 18 in North America and May 21 in Europe.

I guess the release date is as good as gold!

[EDIT] Picture of DC snowstorm taken down, too lazy to find another one.

So he got this news via a spy cam?

Fable 3 You can “touch” and no HUD. No screen-shots available only the write up

So, the no HUD part was supposed to be the thing that pisses people of? Oh geez, Pete. Big fucking deal. All the HUD fanboys are going apeshit as I’m writing this.

$399 for exclusive FFXIII DLC? I’m in!

EDIT: It’s interesting how he links to Alan Wake’s product page on Amazon, since the PC version is also available for pre-order there. And yet, Remedy have said that the game is not in development for the PC. Nice work.

So his big innovation is renaming the “Use” key to the “Touch” key?

Marvelous.

I can’t wait to play Alan Wake and Conviction.

Perhaps he once posted here, got gently touched, and felt used? …OK that probably sounds funnier inside my head.

Anyway, the only game I’m interested in of that bunch, is LP2. Though I’m pre-emptively disappointed it won’t support multiple mice+keyboards or gamepads & co-op on the same PC. I’ll never understand why whomever is responsible for stripping that out of PC versions insist on doing it. I could perhaps understand it if I was the one stealing socks out of their washers, but I’m not. In fact I’m fairly certain I’ve never done anything to bug them. So why the hate?

I am probably the only person this affects, but no Japanese release for Alan Wake? Huh.

Dead Rising thing sounds interesting, but the appeal of that game is in the long-form structure. I don’t know how it’d work in bitesize.

I’m still worried that Alan Wake is more linear and less sandbox. I’ll definitely keep my eye on it though.

I suspect they pulled the “uses Natal” bit out, in an effort to keep the big Natal games reveal at E3 somewhat surprising, and that’s what Molyneux was referring to.

Not exactly.

This Joystiq article expands:

So, what about those things Molyneux had tweeted would “seriously piss off” fans? It involves “simplification,” he says. Health bars, for example, are gone, replaced by a FPS-like desaturation of color. The biggest change, however, is the removal of experience orbs. Molyneux likened leveling up in Fable 2 to using Windows 7 (go corporate synergy!). In place of the orbs, Fable 3 will rely on “followers” – do good and get more, do poorly they’ll leave. They’re what will determine the overall greatness of your character.

With a Fall release promised, we’re certain to be seeing much more of Fable 3 soon – with Fable 2 occupying Joystiq’s top spot for 2008, we’re equally excited and nervous about the changes. For now, we’re giving Mr. Molyneux the benefit of the doubt. We’re not pissed off … yet.

So it sounds like a lot more than no HUD. I’m not even sure how getting more followers is supposed to be a substitution for experience orbs and leveling up your character.

The long form structure was a very cool part of Dead Rising, but I think the appeal of the game is more about hitting zombies in the face with a guitar. The demo proved that even in bite-size form the game can still be fun.

I just want to mention that this is the first time we’ve ever told a release date for Alan Wake.

Alan Wake on PC no more

It wasn’t enough for Microsoft to release the games one year later on the PC they now have to prohibit developers from making the PC version.

PC gaming is not dying but Microsoft is trying is best to kill it.

EDIT: Discussion already going on the Alan Wake thread sorry

But … GFWL!

I’m disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing all of Alan Wake’s cool tech. It’s all going to be stripped out for the 360 now. Sigh.

Well, I think I’ll just hold out for the PC version. I didn’t drool over all those great tech demo videos just to play a game that doesn’t have any of it.

My sarcasm meter is broken today. I … can’t … tell.