Xbox Live Rewards

Points for gamerscore coming back this week:
https://www.xbox.com/promotions/Hall-Of-Fame

Secure Gamerscore from October 1st until October 19th to receive 1 Microsoft Reward point for every Gamerscore accumulated, up to a maximum of 10,000.

Details TBA

I always plan to do the whole points for Gamerscore thing whenever it comes back, but I end up never really having the time to do it.

TrueAchievements had an amusing diary entry on the subject.

So on the Xbox Rewards app, there’s a new auto-redeem option. 8750 points for $10 xbox currency. It says there will be no more hot deals on points, but if you sign up for this auto-redeem option, you spend 8750 points on the first of every month to get $10.

Not a bad deal honestly. I guess the bad part of the deal is if you have to spend that $10 within 3 months or it expires.

Also I don’t think I earn 8750 points most months, but I’ve never bothered to actually figure out how much I do earn.

I signed up for November 1st. Anyone else going to do it?

I need to think about that. Is 8750 a decent deal? I don’t know what $10 normally goes for.

It’s not bad. 875 ppd (points per dollar) is better than all the normal prices as seen above. Hot deals used to be way better, 800ppd. But they say they’re not coming back. So this is likely the best rate we’re going to get now.

I signed up.

Yeah me too, what the heck.

Is the auto redeem option only available in the Xbox Rewards app? I’m not seeing it on the MS website.

Anyone make it close to that 10k gamerscore?

I was going to try for it, but I was much busier than expected. Looks like I’ll be barely over 3k. Mostly from 360 discs I’ve had boxed up for years so I could donate them after.

A couple games were great for points - Fractured Minds (GP) 1k in 30 mins. Korgan (F2P) had a lot of quick points too, but it wasn’t interesting to play.

Some of those trueachievements people have insane #s

I managed 1045, which is really high for me for that short amount of time, mostly from the puzzle game Cubit that I solved in fits and starts. If I can solve the final series of puzzles tomorrow I get the final 100 from that one.

I just checked and I’m a bit over 6,000 for the run which I feel pretty good about though it’s clearly nowhere near to being in contention for anything. I’ll take the 6,000 or so reward points, that’s enough for me.

Ha, I got about 2k. I get distracted.

Small correction to this post: I didn’t notice this on that table I posted for some reason, but 3 months of Gold is only 50 days of Ultimate GP. So 20,000 points for 50 days is not as good a deal as Game Pass PC 3 months for 20,400 points for 60 days. So the best deal right now, barring a sale, is for the Game Pass for PC for 3 months for 20,400.

I just did that one myself to make sure it actually gave me 2 full months, since it’s a conversion that’s not on the chart. And I can now confirm that it did. Instead of being good until April 1st 2022, I’m now good until June 1 2022.

Big promo coming next week. Don’t play your easy achievement games. :)

Looks like the Gamerscore Challenge+ starts on January 6, based on Task #4 in the January monthly bonus round in the MS rewards app. Guess I’ll hold off on my Gnomes Garden games until then.

Aw man I just finished a game and I kinda don’t want to start a new one and miss out on the credits!

It’s live now. Make sure you activate the punch card before you start earning points.

Full Throttle is a good one to play.

Full Throttle is an awesome one to play, I replayed myself when it was released a few weeks ago. Not to mention Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

Last time I stopped playing this after the first couple of achievements because I couldn’t take the inability to invert look. This time I girded my stomach and went in because I want the points.

I’m glad I did. Yes, the non-inverted controls really threw me and made me really, really uncomfortable, but for a game about psychological pain, I think it was very appropriate. In fact, when I finished it, I felt slightly nauseous and super uneasy, and I don’t think people who normally play without inverted controls would get as much out of the game as I did.

Progress Report:

Fractured Minds - 1000 GS - Done (800 this time)
The Gardens Between - 1000 GS - Done (800 this time)
Gone Home - 1000 GS - Done (all 1000 this time)

Holy shit, what a terrible way to play Gone Home. Every gosh darn achievement in that game encourages you to play the game fast or looking for easter eggs, or to do speed runs, or in other ways screw around and not enjoy the atmosphere and actually listen to the audio diaries, etc. What an idiotic set of achievements. But I got em. I guess if you’ve already finished the game the proper way, at least all these achievements don’t take long to get.

Anyway, I’m thinking of going after the Telltale games next, though they will take some time. The two Batman seasons, Walking Dead Michonne, Walking Dead Season 2. I should also do Full Throttle again, with a playthrough ready. But I want to do Day of the Tentacle on my own without a playthrough first, since I’ve never played that.