Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Yes that’s right. It popped up in Hotstock, I tapped “buy it now” in the Amazon app, slid the thingie to the right, and that was it.

did you pay for premium?

Hotstock? No. You only need that if you’re watching a bunch of different SKUs.

I got a notification from HotStock today that Series X was available at Best Buy, but by the time I got there it was sold out, just like every time I have tried in the last few weeks. This thing is still very difficult to buy.

Yes, get used to that. It’ll take a bunch of tries. Frustrating, but still much easier than a 3080.

Keep an eye on BB, they were the only place I could get both a Series X and a PS5. Best Buy beats other businesses by keeping bot-buyers at bay.

Heh, long week.

I got both consoles from Costco. I think the membership requirement keeps the scalpers at bay.

Same.

Every time I check their stock they’re out, alas.

Costco can and does often limit number of items for purchase, too.

I wonder if Hotstock covers Costco supply.

For what it’s worth, I have set up HotStock alerts on about 15 different 3080 SKUs and I’ve never seen a pop-up for Costco.

I’m 99% sure the one XSX availability alert I got was costco (before I decided to wait until later in the year to get it)

HotStock lists Costco as a source it follows, and I have gotten an alert. I thought about getting a membership just to try to get an Xbox, but that’s taking it too far.

Thanks. Yeah, I see Costco is listed.

@Charlatan I don’t think Costco carries (or in my experience has ever carried) discrete video cards, so I’m not surprised you wouldn’t get an alert from them.

BTW, question for anyone: as long as the Hotstock test alerts come in, I’m good, right? I can be confident I’ll be notified?

How long does an “in stock” condition have to last to get an alert on my phone, I wonder?

Depends how often they check, but it’s pretty good. I used it for my CPU and had a script checking sites every 30s, and the Hotstock app usually alerted within one minute of my script.

I also used it for the XSX but didn’t have scripts going for that as I was just half-assing it, I wasn’t hardcore.

Reports coming in that the new Chromium-based Edge browser coming to XS will run GeForce now, meaning all your Steam and Epic games will work. Only issue is it doesn’t have mouse+keyboard support, but that could change.

Sure it does.

Xbox Series X|S FAQ | Xbox Support