Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Yeah, I have Hood and Resident Evil VIII pre-ordered so I will have to balance my time with them this month. They should complement each other well (though PC for both since no Series X for me).

Yep, still no Xboxes here, so I’ll have to play it on PC…probably through GeForce Now because I don’t think my PC is quite up to it. Chip shortages suck.

Missed out on an XSX by minutes. Ended up just buying a Series S instead. It’s cheap enough for a good couch game pass machine for me. If I want to play high end I can always use my computer (but it’s still la PITA to play on the TV for various reasons).

Honestly it’s not that big of a difference in many games as the upscaling is pretty good. Be sure to try at least 60 fps modes and try 120 fps modes with the few games that offer it on the S if your TV allows it. There’s definitely a visual hit but it’s fun to test out.

More games, apps and 360 stuff now show how long we’ve used them.
I’m not sure how we can actually get this information. It’s on Exophase and Trueachievements (account required).

Doesn’t look like anything overtook Clicker Heroes for my #1 spot, but Planetfall came close at 228 hours.

So, about a month after getting my Series X, the controller started getting the sticky trigger issue.

ProTip for now on new Series X/S controlers - play Forza or some other racing game which uses constant pressure on the trigger(s) to surface the issue while the controller(s) are still under warranty.

Same.

Hey that’s pretty cool! Here’s my top ten:

470 hours in Destiny! Man, I was totally into that game at one time. The sequel clearly didn’t have quite the same hold. Also kinda funny that Minecraft is here for iOS and Kindle, and I actually never played either. That’s my son before I made a gamer tag just for him. And good old Anthem up there! Pretty surprised that beat out all the Mass Effects for time played.

Uh oh guys, it’s time for another 10,000 gamer score challenge!

For those looking to secure one, it appears as if MS has maybe come up with a way to sign up for a queue that the bots/ebay resellers won’t be able to game:

The May System Software update dropped today. After it’s installed, go into the Accessories app and you can update the firmware on all Xbox Series controllers. It’s believed this is a fix for the connection issues that have been going on.

If you have an XBox One, you can buy an XSX or XSS through it. MS is apparently running this to try and avoid the scalpers.

It’s about time they gave some opportunities to their longstanding supporters. I suspect they avoided this approach at first in the hope of gaining “new to Xbox” customers rather than just upgrading current customers.

In game Dolby Vision support incoming:

Xbox Insider members enrolled in the Alpha ring can now participate in the test ahead of its wider availability.

“When you play in Dolby Vision, you unlock the most realistic and lifelike visuals the game has to offer, with brightness, contrast, color, and depth that goes beyond even traditional HDR games,” Dolby claims.

It says Dolby Vision offers 40x brighter highlights and up to 12-bit colour depth on supported TVs.

I did the $1 for 3 months of Game Pass, but I thought I read somewhere I can’t do the Gold conversion now, is that correct?

I signed up just to play Forza 4 (now that I have, I think I like 3 better), and I know this is news to no one here, but there are so many good games to play. I was going to play Mass Effect, and then got distracted with Forza and some downhill bike game. Just browsing through, there are a bunch of games I want to try.

I do wish Forza 4 would stop trying to sell me DLC for a game I don’t own own though. Hopefully it stops doing that once I progress. (Actually, even if I owned it, the ads would still be really annoying.)

You can still do it once your GPU membership completely expires.

If you are actively playing forza, feel free to friend me (Qt3 handle and gamertag are the same). I suck, but wouldn’t mind trying some of the group content.

I added you Saturday night.

Not sure I am going to keep playing Forza 4 though. It’s not really grabbing me, and I am not sure why. Too much stuff to do and it all kind of feels the same, I guess?

I spent 100 hours in FH3 and dropped FH4 after…5 hours or so.
But I think it is due to both games being so similar. Like I had my fill with FH3.

The LEGO expansion for FH4 is worth playing.