Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Sony does sell an accessory for the PS4 controller with two paddles. They’re incredibly large and un-ergonomic for my fingers. There’s an OLED screen to configure which paddle maps to which button, I guess so they don’t have to provide a real UI on the system. It is cheaper to buy that and a PS4 controller versus an Elite 2 though I guess.

And of course PS5 games won’t use it anyway.

Yeah, that was the attachment Dave and I were talking about earlier. We both have one of them for the PS4.

This.

While it’s not compatible with the PlayStation or Xbox, I did just buy this 8bitdo Pro 2 and it’s awesome for my Switch. Can also connect it to my iPhone and iPad for cloud gaming and to my PC, and it has a handy hardware toggle for all three so I don’t need to keep un-pairing / re-pairing.

And it has back buttons!

So…I guess not really relevant to this thread, but with all the back button talk I figured I’d share it anyway:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XY8SK9B/

Man I had a good chuckle at the PS4 back-paddles that required an OLED screen.

Does anyone know what will happen if I drill small holes in my PS5 controller in the Xbox thread?

The Pro 2 only has 2 back buttons, not 4 paddles like an Elite 2. If you want to use it you can make the Pro 2 compatible with a Brooks Wingman XB adapter ($45) or something like the Titan Two ($130 but it does a lot more than just convert inputs).
https://www.amazon.com/Mcbazel-Wingman-Converter-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B08KG63D4Z/

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Console-Cross-Platform-Controller-Converter/dp/B078J2HQ9D/

I’m not smart enough to use 4 back buttons anyway - on my Elite 2 I map both left back buttons to the same thing, and both right back buttons to something else :-P

Given that you can’t map them to new binds in-game anyway, you really only need two to replace L3 and R3.

Why L3 and R3? I generally find the paddles most useful to duplicate face buttons or d-pad directions without having to move my thumbs off of the analog sticks. And I can’t think of a game that expects the player to be able to hit L3 or R3 instantly unless they’re already assuming that you’re using the sticks.

And yeah, I generally only keep one pair attached to my Elite, as that seems to be the right balance between ergonomics and control.

I don’t think I recognize most of these games. And I thought they had already given away Injustice as a previous GwG. Well, hopefully these are pretty good.

Pretty sure they did. No way I would have bought it digitally, and yet I have a license for it.

Another weak month. Pretty funny reading all of the tweet replies roasting MS for its GWG lineups. They can’t be unaware of this, so they must be indifferent.

Injustice (and Ninjago) were free on all platforms for a covid thing.

People here liked Shadows. I’ll try the Neogeo thingy.

Well, this is a bummer–looks like Pandemic’s The Saboteur is not on the back-compat list for playing on the XSX, as I discovered when I popped the disc into my console. I’m guessing due to music licensing problems or somesuch nonsense.

You don’t have to guess, here’s the list -

Xbox Backward Compatible Games | Xbox

Yeah, thanks, I actually have that open in a tab but I didn’t check. I was under the impression that almost all old games were BC but I suppose compared to all that were published on the 360 (the last Xbox console I owned before the XSX) it’s a small fraction.

And thanks for posting that announcement-- can’t wait to see if this is when we finally get to see Starfield.

Note that the original psychonauts is on gamepass with enhancements, in trying to figure out if it has achievements. I don’t think it does, even if the steam version apparently does.

No, it’s the original Psychonauts playable through BC. They don’t add back achievements.

BTW, regarding that backward compatibility list? Why TF bother with the first Assassin’s Creed tech demo masquerading as a game and then leave the awesome AC II out in the cold?? Makes no sense at all.