Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

It’s sorta cool that it kinda works, but that double-cursor issue means it’s a no-go for me.

Since you can play XCloud games in the browser too, can you stream XSX games on a XSX? XSXception, without the insider beta thing. And more importantly, can you do it on an Xbone?

You can already stream XSX games on an XSX, it’s in beta right now. Probably rolling out to everybody pretty soon.

Yes, as I noted, without joining the beta.

Can you stream games FROM your XSX, through the edge browser to the same XSX?

Also, like I said a few days ago, I tried to do this but the browser wasn’t supported by GeForce Now, so maybe I was doing something wrong?

Pretty sure that would break reality. I know I won’t be the one to test it. : )

Wouldn’t want to create a singularity or anything…

But seriously, is there anything that allows your Xbox Series S/X to stream games to a Windows 10 computer on the same local network?

Also how does XCloud gaming work on the consoles now? Do you have to play them through Edge?

Xbox app on pc, icon to the right of the search box, and left of notification bell. Click on that and it will pop a list of consoles on your network to remote play.

I played a bunch of Far Cry 6 and Rift Breaker that way.

Just make sure you have a controller plugged into the PC.

Yes.

If you go to the Game Pass listing for any game, there will be an option to Install, as usual. But next to that is a button that fires up the game and runs from the cloud. It’s pretty cool, loads up about as fast as an installed game.

As Jarrod noted above, it’s built into the Xbox app now. I’ve used it to play a bit of Far Cry 6, and it worked well as long as my son wasn’t trying to play anything online.

Neat, thanks! I assume that the console has to be on (or in standby mode) to be detected, right? That’s way easier-sounding than I imagined.

Now let’s hope the whole thing doesn’t balk at the fact that my Windows username has an é character in it.

I asked because on the PC Xbox app cloud gaming just will not work. I can play in Edge for some reason but not in the app.

I haven’t tried PC cloud gaming actually - seems kind of beside the point, if I’m going to play an XSX game, I’ll just play it on my XSX! But I have been alpha/beta testing cloud gaming on console and it does work. I played the entirety of Myst and Procession to Calvary in the cloud, and test drove a couple others. It does work, but it’s not completely perfect. Hopefully all the quirks are getting ironed out for release to everybody.

Maybe a person doesn’t have an Xbox and wants to play something like MLB the show on their PC? Maybe they have kids that are always on the tv that has the Xbox attached to it? Maybe someone prefers playing games on their monitor vs. on the couch?

I would propose that those people take advantage of all opportunities available to them. Speaking for myself, I don’t have much use for it, as noted above.

Sorry, I read your post as “why would anyone do that”.

Ah, I get you now. No, I’m not Dave Long, I’m totally ok with things existing even if I don’t personally make use of them.

Can anytime confirm what the verge is saying, and run steam on their Xbox?

Thanks. Do you have to be on the game’s individual page to see such an icon? Because I looked at the list of “all games” and didn’t see any special icon next to the install icon.

Like I said, it’s still in beta. Should be rolling out to everybody by the end of the year last I heard.