Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Well, as a rather well-known member of the forum is wont to say, “Poopydooks.” Just get a black screen in the Xbox app when I connect to the console. Which (coincidentally? I think not) is the exact same thing that happens when I try to play Xcloud games through the app. I think it has to do with my username. Gonna try to start up the app under another username sans “offending” characters and see if it works, and I’ll have my answer.

Aaaaand, sure enough, both things worked under the dummy account. If I’d had the foresight to misspell my own damned name when I set up my user account back when, I’d be in hog heaven. What an utterly stupid bug.

Whoa, Mass Effect Legendary Ed. is on sale for $33 this week. I’m tempted at that price. But it’ll probably be in EA Play (so, GP) Soon, right?

Delta is an unfortunate name. I don’t want Delta inside me.

This is a weird video, reminds me of those Playstation 9 ads from back in the day. I guess Xbox is ramping up for its 20th anniversary in a couple of weeks. Or maybe it’s just a weird tie-in to Battlefield 2042.

So, I loved Spotify integration on Xbox One, but I tried it recently for the first time on the Series X, and it doesn’t seem to be as good. The main thing missing is on the XB1, I can press the Xbox button on the controller which brings up the panel from the left, and on the Spotify panel I can adjust the volume of the music. So I can use that to control how loud the music is compared to the game sounds.

I don’t see a way to control volume on the Series X. Just pause and go to the next song. Am I missing something obvious that I’m doing wrong? Or did their integration really get worse from XB1 to Series X?

It still works like that as far as I’ve seen as recently as a few weeks ago? I’ll go check.

One difference might be my membership. Back when I used it on XB1, I had a premium membership, and right now I’m only on the free membership. So it’s possible only premium members get to adjust the volume?

That would be wacky.

You don’t get a full pop-up like this when you hit the big X button and then click on the app?

This weekend’s free play days:

• Biomutant
  • Hunting Simulator 2
  • PGA Golf 2k21

Looks like Biomutant can be finished in ~10h if anyone doesn’t have anything better to do.

Also the 360 GWG isn’t showing up on console. Search Resident Evil Veronica to grab it.

Games with Gold for November -

I’ve never heard of that sega shooter on the 360.

I saw Lego Batman 2 and got curious if Will Arnett plays Batman.

Looks like a good cast, Troy Baker is Batman:

Holy crap, Townsend Coleman? The voice of The Tick? I played this game and never noticed that!

That second game is “Kingdom Two Crowns” if anyone else thinks it’s dead lands lol.

Good stuff though. Lego Batman 2 is like one of the best ones.

An update:
It appears that Nvidia flipped a switch, and you can in fact run GeForce now from the browser on the Xbox as described.

I was able to connect through the free GeForce now service to my steam account and play steam games from my library. It worked pretty much flawlessly, which was surprising. There was no lag or input delay, even with the free tier of GeForce now.

I played a bit of Rocket Knight (GWG). Fun, and it looks great with the auto HDR feature.

Xbox Series X and S are officially one years old today. Happy Release Anniversary!

Given the unlikelihood of me ever seeing one in a shop they might as well be vapourware.

There have been a ton of rumors going around lately about Monday and the 20th anniversary, I’ve avoided adding them to this thread just because who knows about rumors? There have been quite a few about backward compatability getting ramped back up and some potentially new titles being added, I’ll just put this one down because I hope it’s true, I really liked Max Payne 3.