Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Please please please add the Kingdom Under Fire games to BC with improved framerate, auto-hdr, and 4k. OK, I donā€™t care that much about the last one. Or two, really. Just give me at least the first one (which was BC on the 360) with an improved framerate. Please.

Well, itā€™s a bittersweet farewell to the backwards compatability program - while we get 76 games added plus quite a few more getting framerate boosts, they are unable to continue the program due to having ā€˜reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraintsā€™, according to Peggy Lo. Itā€™s a good list, but I canā€™t help but think of all the games left stranded, stuff like the Mechassault games, and Jet Set Radio Future. Oh well, guess Iā€™ll keep my ancient Xbox around for a while.

I didnā€™t see the note about this being the last dump of titles. Boo. My dream of an enhanced KUF will never happen.

Gladius is a great addition!

I saw Gladius on one of the early rumor lists but not after that. So great to see it confirmed.

50 Cent Blood in the Sand was pretty awesome too. Gunvalkyrie and the Otogis I remember fondly but Iā€™m not sure how well theyā€™ll hold up. I bunch of old games I own just became playable on my X, I canā€™t complain about that.

I just saw Lego Lord of the Rings. I think that was one of the few Lego games I had that werenā€™t back compatible yet. My daughter will be happy.

• Time Pilot

Sweet. One of my first gaming experiences. Loved having it on Xbox Live Arcade.

Iā€™m tempted to grab a copy of Gunvalkyrie just to see if the controls are as insane as I remember.

Well that was nice of MS. Still, of all those, the only one I had been waiting for was Gladius, though happy to be able to try out NIER at some point.

Resonance of Fate was the other game I had been hoping would come to BC, but I guess that dream is over.

Still, as far as Iā€™m concerned, the BC program was a huge success. So great to be able to play many of the 360 games in my physical collection and with many of them having been on sale, I was able to just get digital versions cheaply, not to mention the free ones offered through GwG.

Must be still updating the licensing or something, because I bought and played a bunch of Darwinia+ back in the day - but if I search for it in the marketplace itā€™s showing as available for sale. Hopefully thatā€™s going to get sorted out, Iā€™d kind of like to try it out again and donā€™t really want to pay $15 for it.

Itā€™s a shame a lot of Japanese publishers werenā€™t onboard with the BC program or only offered token support early on. I own a lot of Xbox 360 games from Japanese companies, as well as imports, and it would be nice to play some of them with a Series X controller and/or with performance boosts.

Resonance of Fate got a 4K remaster on PS4/PC so thatā€™s probably why it never was considered for backwards compatibility.

I just looked it up and saw that. Looking up another oldie but goodie, saw that you can also get Rogue Galaxy on the PS store. Hmmm, maybe itā€™s time I get a PS4 so I can play those and Persona 5.

The end of the BC effort is a shame, but now that NG3RE is on PC, I didnā€™t really need anything else. Iā€™m good.

FPS Boost on Fallout 3 and New Vegas? Sweet!

EDIT: and Oblivion and the Dragon Ages?! Yee-Haw!

It is sad that we wonā€™t be getting anymore BC titles, but man that is a great list. I have quite a few of those, and Iā€™m hoping some of the others will get added to Games With Gold over time, since theyā€™re still giving away two 360/Xbox games every month along with two XB1 games.

For example, I had Binary Domain, but bought it at the tail end of the 360ā€™s life, like a month before the XB1 came out. Similarly with 50 Cent. Similarly with FEAR 2.

It was my roommate that owned Gladius that we played a lot. Itā€™ll be nice to pick that up in a sale or through GwG.

The FPS Boost getting added to a lot of these titles too. Binary Domain, Dead Space 2 (which I was currently playing), Dragon Age II (I made it to the city), and so many more. Like I plan on playing the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, and the 2nd two will now have FPS Boost to 60fps. Also all Original Xbox games like Gladius will have a 4X resolution increase on Series X and XB1X, 3X resolution increase on Series S, 2X resolution increase on Xb1 and Xb1s. Thatā€™s pretty awesome too.

Also, Medal of Honor: Airborne and Kameo getting FPS Boost! Woohoo! I loved those games. It will be nice to replay them at a higher framerate once my son gets a little older, thereā€™s no modern games quite like those. This is true of a lot of the ones on this list.

Edit: Ooooooh, and Mirrorā€™s Edge too! And the original Assassinā€™s Creed! Still my favorite one!

Where did you see the original AC game in the list?

n/m I see it in the FPS boost list.

Looks like Cloning Clyde and Outpost Kaloki X are being given away for free on the Xbox Marketplace.

Hereā€™s a list of newly updated titles:

• Alan Wake
  • Assassinā€™s Creed
  • Binary Domain
  • Black College Football Xperience: Doug Williams Ed
  • Darksiders
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Disneyā€™s Chicken Little
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dragon Age II
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fable III
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Far Cry 3
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Lego The Lord of the Rings
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne
  • Mirrorā€™s Edge
  • NieR
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Rock of Ages
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

Thatā€™s pretty awesome. I get motion sick easily in certain games, many times due to low or inconsistent frame rates so looking forward to playing some of these. I got Fable Anniversary a while back and even on the Xbox One X it ran poorly, so if I can get 60 FPS consistently, will make a huge difference. I get to play it now on the the Series S, which I just got this weekend.

Looking forward to giving Alan Wake, Dead Space 2 & 3 another spin as well, and I never did finish Fallout: NV.

oh no!