Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I’ve probably played <15 hours of my XSX since I bought it back in February. I just don’t like console games. I’m getting poor value out of Game Pass, but it’s so cheap with the conversion that I don’t feel bad about it.

It’s worse than that as it’s only 364Gb usable, the rest is for the OS. It’s a really dumb oversight for a digital console.

That said I’ve found it fine with the overpriced SSD card, and the small size has proved handy to bring to my parents house when they are babysitting my brother’s kids to let the nephew who is super into cars play Forza Horizon.

Sure, if you pay $220 for the extra storage that fixes the issue. But then you’re paying over the XSX MSRP.

FWIW I have ~15 game pass games loaded on my XSS, granted none are COD. Not saying “500GB should be enough for anyone” but I don’t find it as painful or constrained as it’s made out to be.

One thing to keep in mind, is that games on the Series S take up less disk space than the series X.

You can just plug a basic usb hard drive in that will play anything that isn’t a next gen game. I have like 20+ games installed and you can play them fine that way. You can also copy newer games to that drive if you don’t want to download it again. It’s really not a big deal.

The other point about some of the old games playing a crap version IS really annoying. You have to check any game you want to play and see if it’s a crap version or if it’s been upgraded. There are a lot that have not been. I still think it’s a good deal and don’t regret getting one, but if an X had been available I would go with that instead for sure.

Looks like there’s another round of ID@Xbox demos to be made available next week, corresponding with some awards thingy.

Hi my series X has arrived. What am i meant to be signing up to to get the best game pass deal?

Go buy 3 years of Xbox gold time, at the cheapest you can find. Usually little 12 month cards from Amazon or Newegg.

Put them all into your Microsoft account, so then you have an Xbox live gold account with 3 years banked.

Then activate gamepass ultimate, and it will convert all that time into ultimate time, and you’ll have 3 years of ultimate for around $4 a month.

Thank you good sir

So the Winter Game Fest demo event thing has officially begun, and all the demos are available for trying out. The link I posted above has been updated with the full list of 36 games, in case you’re curious. Heck, I’ll post it again because why not.

I played around with Loot River earlier. Cool concept, but man the controls are unintuitive/non-standard, at least for this sort of game. I was really hard for me to get my head around RS-Light Attack/RT-Heavy attack for some reason. I kept hitting X to attack (actually switch weapon) and Y to Heavy (can’t remember). I guess they did it this way so your thumb would be free to slide the platforms around? But after a half-dozen deaths without it clicking I gave up.

I’ll probably try Death Trash in the next few days.

Aw, I was hoping this was going to be an homage to Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super Off Road, but it seems to be more of a kart racer.

More custom Xbox Series consoles out there.

The Garfield one looks kind of cool.

It took a year but I was finally able to score an XSX on Walmart this afternoon. The good news is that I already have 3 years of Gamepass. Woo!

Congrats! I’m FreshQu33blets in the Xboxverse in case you want to compare scores in Lonely Mountains: Downhill. :D Or maybe shoot zombies in Zombie Army 4 Dead War co-op.

Of course, the first thing I did when I got mine was pop in my old “OG” Xbox Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time disc and play it through again. Still holds up with the last-gen spruce-up it got.

Snagged one via the Walmart app today for my middle son today, too. Kudos to Walmart for excluding web bots from the buying process by making it app-only (as far as I could tell).

I may have secured a Series X, though it’s from the UK’s flakiest online retailer, so who knows. If it arrives before Christmas, my nieces get it. If not, I do and they get a Series S.

Nice! Got my gift XSX from Walmart too. Good experience, for what it is-- they said it would take 6 weeks to deliver but it came in 3.

For the past month or so I keep getting Xbox store updates on my One X and Series X every time I try to access the store and it will repeat doing that even after it updates. Also, I keep getting “getting app ready” messages when I try to access MS Rewards or the YouTube app and they take much longer to load on One X and Series X. The latter problem only started a week or two ago. Anyone else getting this, it’s very annoying.