Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Sir, this is the Xbox Series X thread. The Xbox Series S is less boxy and sexyā€¦ sSs?

We do have a Series S thread, but itā€™s hard to find because it doesnā€™t have Series S in the thread title.

Yes, that is a far superior Qt3 thread title.

If youā€™re a fan of older game that can be played through BC, thereā€™s a pretty good sale going on right now on the Xbox marketplace. Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect and going for $2.49, for instance.

I have one of those on disc still, but wouldnā€™t mind grabbing the other one. Which one is the one with a whole other game inside it, playable on an in-game arcade machine?

Iā€™m not sure about that. You sure you arenā€™t thinking about the Timesplitters game contained within Homefront: The Revolution?

Ah, youā€™re right, thatā€™s it!

/slaps forehead

Maybe I donā€™t have to buy the game after all, then! Which game was the one in Homefront: The Revolution? :-)

According to Wikipedia, itā€™s Timesplitters 2. I own Homefront: The Revolution but I havenā€™t tried accessing the arcade game yet, maybe I should give that a go.

Pretty sure the one I have on disc is Future Perfect, so Iā€™m all set!

So I just got an XSX and am new to this back compat stuff. How does Red Dead Redemption run? Did they up-res it or anything?

It will run at 4K. Not sure what else they changed. The One X video for RDR and the XSX video for RDR2 should tell you what to expect.

(Itā€™s only going to be better on XSX, but I donā€™t have one :( )

The XSX should be running the Xbox One Enhanced version and yes, they did increase resolution. I think they actually did a little more work on it than that, such as improved textures and more foliage. Thereā€™s a comparison vid on Youtube (released before the XSX).

Looked fantastic on the One X and I believe it ran at 60FPS.

Ok, just saw video was posted above. Correction, 30 FPS on One X. So probably 60 FPS on XSX.

They have both Supreme Commander 2 and Sacred 2, the latter which is hard to find playable even today (the Steam version seems to bug out / crash most of the time).

Ended up picking up RDR and it looks fantastic in 4K. Especially for a game fromā€¦ 2010? Man Iā€™m old.

XSX is definitely running the One X version at 4k / 30fps. It looks and runs brilliantly though. It really benefits from the SSD over the One X.

Gamestop finally updated their bundles to something more reasonable than Madden + Far Cry + NBA. The new bundle is:

• Console
  • Extra controller
  • $50 Gift card
  • 3 Months Game Pass Ultimate

for $650.

Still not as good as buying an unbundled console; good enough that I finally blew my trade-in credit from a PS4 Pro and launch Xbone to pick one up. Surprisingly was able to walk into a store and do it even.

Nice. Welcome to the current generation of consoles! And the beautiful piece of heat dissipation engineering.

Well I mean thatā€™s all stuff I would end up getting anyway. I loath the bundles that put in games that I would never buy at retail price. AKA Maddenā€¦ So congrats on a decent deal!

At this point I wonder if Iā€™ll ever bother getting a Series X or PS5. Seems better to just finish upgrading my computer as aside from 1-2 games thereā€™s nothing Iā€™m super missing on the PS5. And most of the Series X stuff ends up on the PC anyway.