Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I never measured it, but it felt like maybe an extra 15 seconds at most. Not a big deal at all.

My shiny new X box X (really microsoft?) threw some nasty glitches the other night.

I have it hooked up to a regular 1080p flatscreen of about umm 10 years old I think? Thing works fine.
The HDMI cable is very long however, a good 7.5 meter I think, may even be 10. Never had any problems with it. And so far, Xy box X didnā€™t either. Sometimes when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 it would drop a frame or two, but nothing notable.

Last night I was watchin Preacher on Prime using the boxXx. At first it dropped a few frames. Then it showed honest-to-god old school static! I rebooted the thing, and the glitch went away. It did not feel hot, and itā€™s in a place where it can get plenty cool air. dafuq? is my 500 buck toy already dying?

Static is usually an HDMI handshake issue. Iā€™d get a better/newer cord that is at least HDMI 2.0 compliant.

Aight, Iā€™ll gladly take your word for it! Phew!

Use the HDMI cable included with the Xbox.

I think thatā€™s a HDMI 2.1 compatible cable that comes with it, but from what schurem was saying, I donā€™t think itā€™s long enough for his needs.

This has come up a lot recently. John Linneman of Digital Foundry posted about it on Twitter just a day ago or so. It might be that some Update Microsoft pushed recently is pushing those old HDMI cables harder all of a sudden?

Itā€™s really noticeable that people are suddenly having issues just like yours. There were lots of replies from people saying they had to buy new cables.

The thing that power saving mode doesnā€™t allow at all is remote play on your PC.

With cloudplay on gamepass, Iā€™d tend to think remote play from your own console isnā€™t really that useful anyway.

It is if the game you want to play is not on game pass!

I would have said that doesnā€™t happen, but then I played Elden Ring for like 180 hours.

Yep, I run across that all the time, try to fire up a game, have it fail, then get notice that an update is needed. Auto-updates are checked in settings, yet they donā€™t happen for whatever reason. Then at some random point in time, I get a notice that 23 games need updating. Lame.

One thing you need to make sure of is that in the settings you have ā€œturn off storage when xbox is turned offā€ is unchecked. If thatā€™s checked, then the system will not be able to run updates.

Iā€™m not really into Fortnight, but some of you folks may be interested in this news. What is of interest to me is that I think this is the first non-Game Pass game to be released to the cloud, though the article mentions more free-to-play games will be coming.

While interesting that they are making cloud gaming available for free, in this particular case, canā€™t you already play fortnite for free on all those platforms via native application?

Well you canā€™t play it on iOS since Apple pulled it after the Epic lawsuit. Oh wait, I guess you can if you use xCloud!

Ahā€¦ this is interesting then, that it circumvents Appleā€™s app store.

Apple is gonna be pissed.

Itā€™s all happening in a browser, I think that in principle they donā€™t have anything to complain about.

But they wonā€™t get money, and thatā€™s really all the fight was ever about.

Exactamundo, this is a ā€œF you Appleā€ move. Itā€™s on GeForce Now too.