Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Good news. Mirror’s Edge isn’t being removed after all.

Free play weekend:

• Bassmaster Fish 2022
  • Farcry 5 (on Gamepass)
  • Marvel Midnight Suns

Next gwg:

Out of Space Couch
Peaky Blinders Mastermind

@moss_icon liked the Peaky Blinders, so it’s not that bad of a month.

I have been a little baffled by this games existence since it was released. In an age where licensed games are the exception rather than the rule, who thought there was enough crossover appeal to finance a Peaky Blinders game? I mean, my wife liked the show a lot, but she’s no strategy gamer.

Yeah, when I first learned about the Peaky game I was imagining something like Mafia (which would be sweetness), but when I saw it was a stealth puzzle game (?) that cooled my interest.

Looks like the time of emulators working in retail mode (as opposed to dev mode) on xbox are over.

Yeah, the Xbox Emulation Hub discord started freaking out yesterday when this all went down. I saw some reports that Nintendo was after Microsoft about it so they had to get more active to shut it all down.

I was literally just about to start working to set all this up on my Xbox so I could stream some Wii games to my new handheld, glad I waited an extra day to do it or it would have just been wasted time.

The Xenia (X360) emulator was probably the last straw.

Here’s a question about an Xbox 360 backward-compatible game, namely Red Dead Redemption (1, which I assume must be compatible with the Series consoles since it was made back-compat for the Xbone, wasn’t it?), and more specifically about the Undead Nightmare DLC. Asking it here because I have a Series X:

I have the base game on disc, but I never bought the disc version of the DLC, but rather the downloaded version under my same Xbox Live handle and info. Since I bought it back then, if I pop the RDR disc into my console and d/l the update, will it also auto-download the UD DLC? Has anyone here done this already?

I think it should be under the manage game screen. You should be able to pick to install the DLC there.

Thanks, that makes sense. Fingers crossed. I thought that DLC was the bomb. In retrospect I liked it better than the main game.

I should give it another shot. I loved the first and third act of the main game, but could never get into the Undead DLC because each time I died, instead of loading a saved game, it respawned me closeby. I just have a lot of trouble staying motivated in games where you just respawn after death.

So looks like Ubisoft+ is finally available on Xbox. And on the upside, it’s a decent collection of their games plus it also seems that they’re offering the deluxe versions, so all DLC included. For stuff like the latest Assassins Creed games, kind of a big deal.

On the downside: it’s $17.99 per month, which makes it more expensive than Game Pass Ultimate. I just can’t see paying that personally, partly because of the cost but also because I already own most of the games they offer that look interesting.

It’s good for a one month sub if there’s a new game that you can blow though and don’t want to revisit. Otherwise ya their pricing is out of wack. Considering a lot of their games take forever to finish that also makes it worse. ;)

Yeah, Ubisoft games go on deep sale regularly. And they’re usually HUGE. It’s cheaper to buy them than use Ubisoft+.

If I didn’t have any of them, it would be a reasonable deal. But since I own most of them, it doesn’t really interest me, but I could see how someone new to consoles who liked Ubisoft type games might find it pretty appealing.

Hey folks, any hints on what the mystery is to playing your xbox through your LAN on your PC?

My Windows store apps are all updated, my console is on, and even in “high energy use” mode and restarted, I’m obviously signed in since I have access to Game Pass, but all I get is the super helpful message “Try again in a bit, something went wrong.” Le sigh.

EDIT: G*ddamnit, of course today of all days Windows decides there’s a system update that needs installing, GRRRR.

Which means waiting like three minutes after signing into Windows and getting the black screen and blinking taskbar before having a usable desktop.

Updating Windows didn’t fix the problem either. :-/

On occasion I have had to restart both the PC and the xbox in order to get the remote play to work. On some occasions doing a hard reset of the xbox worked (hold the power button in for 10 seconds I believe).

Thanks, turns out I had to specifically enable remote play etc. by entering my PIN which I had forgotten and had to reset.