Xcom 2

I got to admit this new content is pretty cool, I’m having fun on this first series of missions. I wasn’t expecting much for free and this is turning out to be better than I expected and pretty much out of the blue.

Pretty sure you can check or uncheck it like any dlc and make it not show up.

For what it’s worth I’ve played the campaign both ways and would not go back to playing it w/o WOTC, so definitely if you’re going to make a run w/ it turned off make that the first one.

The launcher allows you to select War of the Chosen or the base game. No need to uninstall by unchecking in Steam.

Ah, even better, didn’t recall if that was an option or not. Although as I mentioned, I wouldn’t at this point play a campaign w/o WOTC because I liked the changes/improvements it added.

Playing the new missions reminds me of why I love XCOM 2 so much. Getting back to the basics is cool.

Can’t wait to try this out!

It plays like a condensed XCOM 2. And that’s not a bad thing at all.

That’s great news as I wasn’t expecting much either. Nice unexpected little gift then. :)

just don’t forget to use halo armor mods, they are that cool!

They did a nice job with the narration. Simple stuff, but it adds to the vibe of the game. This DLC is really a pleasant surprise.

I’ve played the first series of legacy missions. Nobody told me this is semi-ironman (no quicksave, one ironman save, but you can restart a mission with a score penalty, and the missions aren’t randomised). This is not for newbies but people who are reasonably familar with the tactical combat. If you’ve been savescumming to victory, then this will not be easy.

At least I can move at snail pace and try to trigger one pod at a time.

How do you access new missions - are they an upfront menu option?

Yeah, there’s a Legacy Hub menu option at the front screen.

I played the first few missions and enjoyed it as a fun change of pace.

However, the between mission upgrade options are pretty laughable. I am not sure if they are randomized or scripted, but giving me the option between upgrading my grenades to a different damage type or giving them the high end wraith and war suit armor is just silly.

Anybody got XCOM 2 on PS4 (i.e. pretty much any recent PS+ subscriber)? Anybody want a 50% off WOTC voucher for the Playstation Store (makes it $20)?

Let me know. Expires on October 20th.

EDIT: Critical hit! It’s gone.

PM’d you.

Of course Bradford is from Kansas.

I used to find Bradford annoying and thought of him as nothing more than a paper pusher in command.
As it turns out, he is quite the bad ass.

I just wish he wouldn’t yell at you so much during the normal campaign missions.

There’s an official campaign option now that reduces the amount of yelling he does. Put in because the “Shut Up Bradford” mod was one of the most popular :)