Xcom 2

When you get a supply drop from baldy there is a screen that tells you. The longer you wait the more powers they get.

That is the best case scenario.

From what I’ve seen, tired guys have a much higher chance to panick or have other adverse effects. Seems like the sort of thing that could send a mission spinning out of control.

Also if they are already in the mission, clicking on their symbol in the upper right will give you a screen that tells their present abilities.

I made killing those Chosen a high priority. Not only were they a huge nuisance during many missions, but I got tired of listening to their tirades.

I feel like I could make a X3 wishlist. I think 2 was good, but there are some things that I feel are needed.

Once I’ve got plasma weapons or powered armor I go after the chosen and the enemy bosses from Alien Hunters immediately (Alien Bosses turned on as integrated into WOTC so you encounter them at black sites).

The reason being once you collect all the special hardware defeating these guys produces you can turn at least 2 if not 3 of your soldiers into one man armies.

Example: a ranked up sniper with Dark Lance and Icarus armor can clear a map solo using just the reaper to spot for them.

My first wish is to be able to kill Bradford.

Next best thing to killing him:

I went looking for a mod but either couldn’t find or get them to work. I don’t mind Bradford but those Chosen… SHUT THE HELL UP.

Here are 3 things that I hope/wish Xcom 3 has:

Before launching a missing, some sort of better inventory screen for you troops. I hate having to open each soldier to see the extra utility items that don’t show on the main screen.
In-mission, I’d like to bring up a character detail screen and see their stats and inventory (esp. the latter). I couldn’t figure out a way to view my guy’s pistols during a mission.
Line of Sight tool. I really want to know what each soldier can see from their position.

So “Shut up, Bradford” doesn’t work anymore?

I guess he has been yammering a lot on recent terror missions, now that I think about it.

I just figured I’d throw one out there that’s more comprehensive in what it shuts up since Bradford isn’t the only NPC who yaps way too much.

P.S. Can’t speak personally to effectiveness, I’ve got a keyboard with a mute button I use instead. ;)

You need X2WOTCCommunityHighlander mod to run this. I’ve been wary about installing it as it seems to change a lot of game code. But I may just give it a shot.

Pretty sure there are mods for each of these. But not positive.

I was just reading reviews for Hard West 2 and got nostalgic for this game and can’t believe that its been 5 years since WOTC and we’re still waiting for XCom3. You’d think these type of games wouldn’t be too tough to iterate on?

Any ideas why its taking THIS long? I thought it was a pretty successful series? OR is it like Bethesda and the next Elder Scrolls - “we’ll get to it when we feel like it someday, probably” (or GRRM).

The XCOM 2 guys are doing a Marvel game. They say they will get back to XCOM.

They also did XCom Chimera Squad

Which was, IMHO, a waste of their time. But that’s just me, I guess.

Not just you.

I really tried to like it. It bored me. So it goes.

You’re not alone.

My people! Much love.

I definitely agree, just filling in the gap on what they have been up to.