Xenonauts - the REAL successor to X-Com?

Oh, that sucks. Can’t say I’m too surprised, though-- the text box pop ups had no scroll bars, even when the text went off the bottom, which is a laughably amateur (seeming) bug.

That said, the airstrike-is-not-quite-but-almost-as-good-as-a-full-raid is a great mechanic for saving endgame tedium, and it seemed to be reasonably well balanced.

March 2019 release date.

I’m hyped.

Edit: ohhhh crap early access. Hyped a little less.

I like the direction of additional depth they are taking here…

I hope they offer some interesting depth to the selling research you complete like:
Sell to cops and all cops world wide are armed with that equipment
Or Sell tech to a specific nation and see relations with that country improve while relationships with others slightly decline. Though you get a nice profit from selling to a country and their armies will have the tech on base missions or if they spawn in a encounter. On the flip side have those armies be hostile with that equipment in a mission if they lose funding from that nation…

Oof, bad timing. I want to say day 1 bit March will be packed for me with The Division 2 and Sekiro.

Edit: Just saw @Lucidvizion’s edit. Kinds relieved to be honest.

After complaining about all of the environments and aesthetic in Phoenix Point being too sci-fi to evoke a lot of the horror element of X-Com, I decided to try out the latest backer build of Xenonauts 2. I never got through a whole campaign of the first game, but I enjoyed it enough. I have to say, even though this is clearly not even ready for the EA release(looks like they are now targeting early 2021 for that), I think it mostly feels better and less clunky than the first game. A lot of the environments are still pretty sterile and most of the new mechanics aren’t implemented yet, so I won’t keep playing at this time. However, it seems like it’s shaping up to be a solid improvement on the first.

I really liked Xenonauts and it is much closer to the feeling of the original X-COM then…XCOM. Really enjoyed it until I ran out of money. The economics were tricky and easy to botch.