XMen 3: The Last Stand

BTW, how did this X-Men 3 thread turn into a superman thread?

The Singer connection.

I’ve heard that Wash buys it.

I disagree - I think their negative reviews are a VERY accurate indication that a movie sucks, since they’re so biased to liking these sort of geek movies.

Well, we’ll see soon enough, I guess. But the script certainly sucks, Ratner sucks as a director, it doesn’t sound like he had enough time with this film in production, and the effects in that clip certainly sucked. At best, it just sounds very mediocre - do we really need another Daredevil quality superhero movie, even if it’s not Catwoman bad?

Daredevil was terrible. You mean mediocre for a superhero movie?

Daredevil was pretty terrible. But it had the best “What it’s like to come home from a night out as a superhero” scene in comic book movie history. He’s all beat up, sore, hangs his outfit and weapons up, he’s ben up all night, and he just looks worn out.

Not that sitting through the rest of the movie is worth that scene, but taken alone it’s a great scene.

Oh, I agree, but not catwoman bad.

But they’re also very biased to disliking them for somewhat irrational reasons, like lack of absolute fidelity to the source material.

He’s going to be like what, 93 or something when this finally comes out?

example

I’m the juggernaut bitch!!!

That’s the only thing I can think of when trying to think of this movie. However, this is probably one of the only movies I’ve been excited for enough to buy a ticket for. I loved both X-Men and X2, and this looks just as great.

So if the AICN Barometer is to be used - what conclusions can we draw from this review from Moriarty?

“And this morning, in that darkened theater, the movie gods answered my prayers. Because X-MEN: THE LAST STAND (since no 3 appears anywhere in the title on the actual film) is not only a worthy addition to the franchise, it actually feels like it is simply part of one big movie, absolutely on par with the first two films.”

Full Link - Warning - Spoilers

You mean how any enthusiasm for anything but Nintendo is met with “VM” here on this site?

Have you seen how people light into Dave Long when he goes into a pro-Nintendo spiel?

No one thinks he’s a viral marketer because he’s been here forever, but not everyone thinks he’s sane.

Troy

In a few hours Harry will launch a counter strike review saying that not only is Xmen 3 is the worse movie of all time, its the lowest moment in all human history… EVAR!!!

(luckily having Singer’s cock in his mouth doesn’t effect Harry’s typing ability.)

My problem with AICN reviews is that they aren’t really reviews at all. They’re this strange melange’ of pandering along with a desperate attempt to prove that they’re still out ahead on the zeitgeist curve. So in the end they’re about nothing, and if the prevailing winds blow against them they’ll fold up their opinions and sail in the other direction as quickly as possible.

My problem was always the huge purple text. Did they get rid of the huge purple text? Andrew’s criticisms sound valid, but I could never actually read anything there for long enough to come to any profound conclusions.

I heard it was lousy and in no way as good as the first couple. I don’t know if AICN are hard on geek films. They just tend to have bad taste in general.

Ive seen some previews and it looks awesome.
All my dreams that they wouldnt pussify juggernaut seem true as hes gonna be the strongest thing in the movie, and thats all i care about.

He’s even more awesome with the power of proper punctuation!