Yankovic Biopic with Daniel Radcliffe on...the Roku? That's weird.

Wizard actor plays novelty musician on made up channel.

Maybe it will be nice, but will there be enough meat in this taco? Are they going to spend fifteen minutes on how Polka Party failed to live up to the sales expectations of his earlier records? Or how Coolio didn’t really want a parody done of that one song? I guess they can cover his parents’ sudden untimely death and how his fans fronted enough cash to get him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Even the press release lampshades that, yeah, Al was no stranger to rock star excess.

The biopic holds nothing back, exploring every facet of Yankovic’s life, from his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like ‘Eat It’ and ‘Like a Surgeon’ to his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle

Sure! Maybe it will turn out like a Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind “biopic”. If they really want to get gritty, they could cover some slimy Scotti Bros. label shenanigans and how his mom kept him at home during his childhood with only an accordion for company.

Then of course, it’s going to be exhibited on a “Roku Channel”, so much of the discussion about this is academic. We’ll see it when we see it, whenever that is.

He’s had a heck of a life, man. C’mon.

I have to think, given the clean life he leads (and the actual title of the movie, which is identical), it’s gonna in the vein of this…

I’ll buy a Roku stick just to watch this.

Yeah seriously. “Oh no, how will they have enough material for a biopic on this artist who has been around for 40 years with 14 studio albums and five Grammys?”

Same director and Funny Or Die affiliation too… I wouldn’t mind seeing another Walk Hard, I guess.

I can’t wait to see Radcliffe with long curly hair

Isn’t it premature? I assume he’s still going to be relevant for years and years to come.

That’ll be for Weird Part 2: And Weirder Still after Radcliffe goes gray.

You’re premature.

I was, actually. But just barely.

I love that there are folks in this thread who think this is going to be a straight biopic and not a festival of glorious absurdity.

It’s like they didn’t see his last movie.

What a compelling documentary about UHF television that was.

Relevant, but probably pretty static. I’m totally on board for a biopic about a generally loveable character, similar to the Mr. Rogers movies we just had a few years ago. Trash like the Motley Crue movie is easy to put out, you just rely on shock factor and debauchery by proxy to get the eyeballs. I’m actually really curious to see how he navigated the whole thing being a complete outsider in terms of content and personality.

This. All of this. I mean, the press release was a festival of glorious absurdity, though I do wish they had done a press release claiming he’d be played by Sacha Baron Cohen, then pulled it with a correction that SBC had declined to participate

This is going to be a 100% serious portrayal of a revered artist, I’m certaiin.

Damn I don’t remember this Weird Al

Guess I’ll be buying one of these this fall…