Yankovic Biopic with Daniel Radcliffe on...the Roku? That's weird.

I don’t know how you guys access your streaming services, but Roku’s interface is pretty slick. I’m a pretty big fan, acutally.

And as to this movie…I mean, I’m in.

Yeah, Radcliffe is a great actor, but “5’5” and jacked" is a hard sell. Still, it’s Weird Al, so I’ll watch it.

If it’s anywhere near as good as UHF I’ll be so happy.

I am absolutely delighted that this is a thing.

The trailer feels like a funny or die sketch that could be complete by itself. Instead we’re getting a full length feature film!

Funny you should say that.

Wow so funny or die hits all the same beats, but with a better cast? Ouch.

The movie seems like it’s the Funny or Die sketch but expanded to a proper movie. Might suck, maybe a movie sized sketch isn’t good, maybe it’s awesome.

Did you notice that Al shows up in both the movie and the sketch?

But I guess we can be sure that it will be… weird.

Yeah, to be clear the movie is written and directed by the same guy who made the Funny or Die sketch, Eric Appel.

Yankovic and Radcliffe are doing press for the movie. It’s cute.

20220911_083432

I skimmed the positive review.

I wonder if there’s any way of watching it for someone who doesn’t own a Roku device.

I was trying to figure out where I could watch this, and weirdly, the Roku TV app is on… my Amazon Fire TV. I figured they’d get $29 out of me just to see this movie, but nope, not necessary.

Some fun old stuff on the Roku TV app, but yuck, no “I’ll give money if you turn off the commercials” option.

This dropped today.

I found it to be fabulous.

It’s the Citizen Kane of the 21st Century. Loved it.

The portrayal of Wolfman Jack was spot on. Man was an asshole.

How are you guys finding this Roku channel thing? I understand you can download it — it being the whole channel — as an Android app. If it’s just a download, that’s one thing. If it’s a download AND you need to create an account too, that’s juuuust enough of a barrier to want to dig through other media in the ol’ backlog first.

It literally took about three clicks to create an account. It’s an app on Fire TV, Samsung, the web, or phones.

Damn well worth two minutes of your time.

Edit: I copied the direct link to the video and pasted it into an inPrivate browser window and it worked, so if this saves you two minutes to bring you an hour and 47 minutes of joy, so be it.

Thank you!

I agree, though just like UHF, the obligatory action sequence was unnecessary.