You have the power to bring to life one sequel of a beloved game, what will it be?

Elite. There can be no other.

41 posts, and no one’s mentioned M.U.L.E.? Wow.

Shadowbane 2.

So many possibilities, but…hmm…

Ultima X. Over-the-shoulder perspective, party-based. Back in Brittania. The land is in peril and a new Avatar is needed, so you have to start as a lowly [whatever], fresh from the Gypsy, and visit all the shrines and stuff. Iolo and Dupre and stuff have probably moved on, but we should adventure with Iolo’s son and Dupre’s kickass daughter or some such. All the classic locations and dungeons and shit.

Real time exploration, combat is “real time but pause and give orders” type stuff. Drop-in and Drop-out multiplayer for people to take over the roles of your party members.

My dream team(s)? Project overseen by fucking Bioware. Carmack and Sweeney on graphics and networking engines. Blizzard on UI.

Alternately, just get the original core NOLF2 team to make a proper NOLF3, but with a crapload more budget and more artists and engineers and shit. With a proper fully formed multiplayer component ala TF2 (which is halfway to being “NOLF as a multiplayer game” already).

Arcanum 2, where they ditch that awful hybrid combat and go pure turn based.

Also, Undying 2, mostly just to make some sense of the way to ambigious ending (though the game itself was plenty good).

Master of Magic 2, Syndicate War 2.

Sentinel Worlds

King of Dragon Pass

If you have a PS1/2/3, you should check out Unholy War. A PS1 game by the designer of Archon1/2 and Starcon1/2… and plays pretty well.

Some have been mentioned, but mine:

1. Starflight
  2. Elite
  3. Freespace 2
  4. Wing Commander (any of 'em, I just want more!)

Mechwarrior, made with CryEngine 2 and developed by Volition.

I think I just had a geekgasm…

Alot of good ideas here. But for me it has to be the sequel to 101st Airborne in Normandy. 82nd All American. I’ve been waiting for that game for, what, ten years or so now? There’s still a “coming soon” page over at Shrapnel too. I’d just feel great if it finally came out since I’ve already paid for it!

Bejeweled 3, naturally.

Jet Set Radio 3, I think. The first one was cool, the second was sublime.

Psychonauts. I want to know what happened to the president’s brain.

Autoduel.

Outcast

Master of Magic II, by Stardock.

I have zero faith in mods, or that whoever owns the license won’t shut them down at the last minute, but have you seen this?

Battlefield-esque Mechwarrior mod for Crysis.

They like to wave around the fact that EA (or whoever owns it) has “licensed” them, when in reality they just said they won’t shut them down now, but may do so at any moment in the future if they wished.