Your next car game is Wreckfest

Variety is the spice of life!

Also, just because they don’t try to hit you, doesn’t mean they won’t still hit you…

“Rubbing” is racing!

-Tom

Wrong game, Tom.

Oh, man that was one of those toys I wanted as a kid but never got. I can’t really complain though, one year I got a Vertibird.

I’m a little unclear on how the game got its name.

Ok then I should be GREAT at this game!

And here I thought Tom was playing a racing game called Breakfast, which no doubt would have its own charm.

My common statement of games in the last year holds true (my pc is shit and can’t run things well)

However, even with that this is a lot of fun. Also I can finally use my 360 wheel and pedals for something again.

Does my Tweet’s gif embed? Testing!

https://twitter.com/Qt3/status/1008153414293831680

Aw, c’mon Discourse! Fine. I’ll do it manually.

http://i.imgur.com/EdbWYPn.gifv

I play that game every day. I’m really good at it!

-Tom

I approve of the tires exploding video.

This is one of my favourite Wreckfest moments.

Discourse really hates Streamable. But only now and then.

She’s so tired of his shit.

OMG how did you capture that?

In the race I got bumped going through a corner and flew off the track behind the fans, so just gunned it into the mud slope hoping to clear the railings and when I made it I thought “I have to go back and get a replay of that!”

So then I used the post-race free cam to unlock the camera and then you can WASD around to any spot you like.

On watching the replay I noticed the couple I now call Karen and Keith and knew I had to park the camera right there.

Hahaha amazing.

Awesome.

The replay feature in Wreckfest is the bee’s knees. If it had a rewind frame-by-frame option and a way to save replays, it would be the Best Thing Ever. Instead, it’s only the The Best Thing Of This Century.

-Tom

That is AWESOME and hilarious :)

Latest update comes with a new track: Bonebreaker Valley

Still loving Wreckfest, especially the multiplayer. If you set the filter to show you max “C” class servers then it’s very easy and cheap to get a competitive car even early in your in-game career and then it’s a lot of fun.

I’ve found a couple servers that focus on cleanish racing and you can have some really intense race-long battles with other drivers. If they hang on in the server for a while then you can find yourself going wheel-to-wheel with them for several races in a row, which really builds a rivalry.

Last night I’d been battling this particular guy for a couple of events and then he ended up right in front of me and I sort of accidentally left the nose of my car in a little longer than usual on a corner entry and span him out. He then spent the rest of the race trying to get the gap back down and when he finally caught back up to me I was in second place and he literally knocked me off of the podium.

Hahh beautiful. Can’t wait to be able to play this again.