Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

Just to expound on what I thing Steven is saying. The different named areas, each a procedurally generated layout ranging from mazes to more open areas, are basically arranged in a sort of grid, like so.

W X Y Z

Let’s say you’re in Y and you have an important quest in Z. So you head to the east and look along that wall for an opening. Hey, there’s isn’t one! What gives? It turns out you might have to go north to W, then east to X, then south to Z. Not every area on the grid connects to every other area. There can be inconvenient solid walls.

Personally, I like the unpredictability. I like having to explore. I like sometimes have to detour through higher level areas to get to a lower level area. So put me down as officially harumphing at this new option as being a crutch for hateable straightline babies. :)

-Tom

What a great band name.

Yeah, what Tom said is correct.

Version 1.003 is out: patches and changes. This patch fixes another crash, improves the UI, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Unintended consequences.

Version 1.004 is out: patches and changes. This patch makes canceling expeditions less costly, fixes a couple crashes, improves multiplayer, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Tom also got his wish:

now Lost, Prima Donna, Cursed, Ego, Fragile, and Clumsy modes all give +5% combat XP each

I hope it fixes the crashing issues I have been having for the last couple of days.

Still crashing :(

Can you email me your save game files of the character that is crashing? You can get my email address from our contact page.

Hidden among the 392 Steam Weeklong Deals is Zombasite! 25% off.

Thanks for sharing that. I’ll buy it as soon as I’m able.

Thank you! Does anyone know how long it’s on sale?

Looks like a week long deal so until Oct 10th.

Crap, I have no excuse now!

Version 1.005 is out: patches and changes. This patch makes increases the zombie threat, increases the infection rate, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Does anyone know of a decent beginners guide for this? There’s just so much going on and it all comes at you pretty fast.

Watching Tom’s stream from a couple of months ago should help you a bit, also remember that there is a pause key and you shouldn’t be afraid to use it.

I love how recent ARPGs and RTSs are giving players the option of a Pause key in singleplayer! It makes me swoon.

Thanks Chappers, will take a gander at that this evening. I can tell there is a lot to love here, it’s just all dumped in your lap at once and doesn’t stop lol. So yeah knowing about the pause key will be really handy too, especially for helping to keep track of all the messages that pop up about events and such.

I can play with you sometime Shell, fun in coop and I can likely help ya sort stuff out