2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

I’m not sure if it has cutscenes like this but I’ll guess Total War Warhammer

That’s one of the levels in Strange Brigade, right?

-Tom

Mr. Chick has it! I should have picked a more conventional shot like, say:

There really is a tone of visual variety in this game, and its “visually stunning” to boot. It’s also just a hell of a good shooter/puzzle/ thing, especially with a friend or two.

All yours!

I got this game with a video card but gave it away to somebody here because I had nobody to play it with.

Little did I know at the time that I’d cost myself a frame game two years later.

I definitely got it from the cannon pointed at the floating purple ball. But I wouldn’t have seen the image if I hadn’t been summoned by Discourse bat signals. You guys are way too good at this, so I consider this thread out of my league. I probably shouldn’t have guessed, but I’d hate to see Strange Brigade let a fella down. So let me see what I can rustle up.

-Tom

By that standard, @Left_Empty should just be in this thread all by himself, posting and answering obscure games no one else in the world has ever played. :)

Right? I’m just distressed this thread is full of people that haven’t played it, they’re so deprived!

Yea, but who would willingly buy and play this? It looked terrible on Steam.

capsule_616x353

I have no idea what you’re talking about, honestly. I bought it at nearly full price along with a season pass, on the strength of how it looked and the fact that it was a Rebellion game, and enjoyed the hell out of it. Next you’re going to tell me Sniper Elite 4 looks bad too.

Tom is so good at the frame game

^like

I bought and played it, then got distracted by other games!

I feel Tom is totally going to post a Guild Wars 2 screenshot.

It just looked bad is all, and the mummy-zombie thing with the blue eyes made it look so. And I hated the name. it landed at a time I was drowning in hero brawlers and the name and middling (at the time) reviews pushed certain buttons for me, even though it isn’t a hero brawler.

I’m all for good games, but on the surface this one was pushing me away.

I can’t believe there was a pulp game and I didn’t know about it!

I don’t remember either the game or its name, and I’m a Tom Stwichk scholar!

Also, people posting cutscenes’ frames should be thrown to the lions!
I’m still bitter over the Warcraft 3 precedent.

It’s a pan in to a horde/boss arena. To be honest I didn’t notice it was technically a cinematic shot until about halfway through the frame game.

I’m with @kerzain on the name/cover photo thing. I’ve seen this on Steam many times, and in fact Steam has reminded me several times when it is on sale because it’s on my wishlist. I’ve been ignoring it and couldn’t for the life of me remember why it was on my wishlist at all. The fact that it is the same game as the frames in this thread explains it finally. I forgot it was that game. That cover photo is the most generic and non-interesting thing anyone could possibly make to immediately lower my interest.

In what game will you see this?

-Tom

Torchlight 2?

Age of Decadence

Elemental: War of Magic

Woo, that is a good guess I think.